Author Topic: Mossie Tips  (Read 650 times)

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
Mossie Tips
« on: April 18, 2009, 06:26:18 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the game, and I am having a alot of fun playing the game, Ive been in the training area and practice dog fighting in the duel arena, Normally I fly a Hurricane IIC, but I experimented with the Mossie tonight and had loads of fun and even got a kill on my first sortie :D,

would appricate some more tips about fighting style and evading people please

thanks for your time, and see you in the air.

JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Re: Mossie Tips
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 06:28:22 PM »
For me, the mossie tends to get into a nasty stall every once in awhile. You may want to practice getting in and out of such a stall, it may prove useful at some time.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 06:30:46 PM by EskimoJoe »
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 02:30:42 AM »
When you log into the arenas, look for batfinkv.

Type ".f batfinkv" (without quotes) into the text buffer. If he is on, shoot him a PM and ask him to spend some DA/TA time with you. From what I know he is a very nice chap and is probably willing.

He has been flying the mossie for a while, and is very good in it.

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 12:31:54 PM »
I would also add, if you are in the TA and see Morfiend flying around, ask him as well. The Mossie is just about his favorite ride, he is very good in it as well. I'm 99% sure he would be willing to help you out.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 12:43:04 PM »
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 12:15:29 PM »
cheers guys, although Im from the UK so I think my timezone difference might clash :(

however I'M having loads of success in the DA, been landing about 3 kills per sortie. I'm normally BnZing, with a long banking turns to gain some alt then drop back down to try and maintain my airspeed, and then go for another pass. A  few times when the other plane has tried to get me to over shoot or trying to evade me by doing a scissors ive managed to keep on their 6, and my cannons just tear people apart.

having someone on my 6 if i drop the speed and flaps, I can remain quite stable and force the overshoot, it seems to be great at doing that. although against one of the jap planes this did not work as it seemed he was floating like a helicopter LOL and shot me down :D
but so far having loads of fun,
JG11

www.JG11.org

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 12:24:36 PM »
Batfinkv is from the uk too fella - so you have a good chance of finding him online at some stage.

Welcome to your addiction lol....

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 06:23:52 AM »
Batfink i'm sure can help you with the mossie,   see his latest film titled hell march here. 

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,262949.0.html

If your from the UK check out "The Few" website.  We are the largest UK based squadron in game and are very skilled with all things British  ;).

We don't mind helping out fellow countrymen if they are willing to learn and stick at it.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 07:10:11 AM »
hahah great video :D

although today has been a rather poor day for me and I got shot down left right and centre
JG11

www.JG11.org

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 04:06:47 AM »
woohoo batfink plc are also currently selling signed mossie coffee mugs ask in store for details! Push the stick forward during inverted rolls or stall turns...alot...even if it feels like you should be pulling back sometimes... and dont forget that slowing down with two big engines requires some preperation. Another couple of active players to look out for are Thrila or Nova, but there are many more.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.