Author Topic: Whine  (Read 1853 times)

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
Re: Whine
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2009, 02:08:26 AM »
i loved the rush I have a pic that I will try to send u it is of me hanging inverted 100ft off the ground off the bucket truck I was on. I miss hanging off of ropes lol.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2009, 02:23:10 AM »
LOL, yep got to love it....night man I'm going to bed, stay safe brother!    :salute
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2009, 02:47:02 AM »

I do think new guys should be required to go to the TA for at least an hour for a crash course in AH - but we all have our own opinions

+1  2  or 3

I think it could only help someone and would absolutely show HTC's commitment to helping welcome new players into the game.

How many two weekers do you think leave the game because it's just simply to much to take in without help. Many two weeker's hardly get a chance to even realize that there is a TA where someone might be in there and willing to help.

I've been to the TA plenty and only occasionally see a trainer listed on the roster.

2 weekers should have a choice i agree and their first screen should direct them to the TA for those 2 weeks. If they decline the TA the DA and mains should open up to them as further choices.  Make sense?

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2009, 07:09:52 AM »
oh damn you can land with gear down :confused:

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2009, 07:21:04 AM »
oh damn you can land with gear down :confused:

Yep, but you need to be a tad slower than your normal approach, full flaps help. It is the fastest way to get safely back to the tower in an emergency. But your ground crew won't be too happy about it :)

Badboy
The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2009, 08:05:21 AM »
No need to do anything to the new guys Sir.  You flat out got caught with your pants down.  Vultching is the sport of Kings!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2009, 08:14:08 AM »
Vultching is the sport of Kings!

Proving the point I was about to make.  There are plenty of long-time players who will vulch you, it hasn't got much to do with being new.

I would have been steamed, too, were I you.

- oldman

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2009, 08:22:01 AM »
i loved the rush I have a pic that I will try to send u it is of me hanging inverted 100ft off the ground off the bucket truck I was on. I miss hanging off of ropes lol.

Never cared for that part! You leave the FD for the PD?

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2009, 02:04:20 PM »
Yeah Slash I thought I would like being a cop more then fire fighting. Now I realize I had alot more fun and got a better rush when I was a fire fighter. Don't get me wrong I like being a cop, just kinda missing going into smoked out buildings, not being able to see sh*t and spending the whole shift at a fire.You know what they say there is a pyro in every firefighter lol.  :salute

"SlapShot
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2009, 02:35:59 PM »
Can't argue with that one.... But wait a sec, SHawk vulches?  NO WAY!!!

Dude, you got vulched, so what if it was by a n00b?  If it was Shawk instead would you advise him to go to the TA?  Maybe you should go to the TA and have Snailman cover basic SA with you.  It's not that hard to avoid getting vulched, especially on landing, unless you're deadstick.

I think the more important part of the original post.... Said whiner doesn't bring up the fact that he/she acted rather newbish by landing at a field under attack.  Know better for next time and magically this thread never exists. 

ANd it's Newb, not Noob..... SHawk is a noob  :D, the new guy was a newb.  Totally different.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2009, 02:38:14 PM »
That's what I used to do when there bad guys loitering around waiting to vulch me on landing.

ack-ack

You guys use gear to land?   :D

I always thought it was optional                     :noid
Brameister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2009, 07:26:11 PM »
Ok I have only been flying for a lil over a year so by no means am I a vet, however I would like to see something implemented for making the guys who haven't been flying for a month have to go to the TA. Earlier today I was having the best flight of my AH career. I had 4 bogeys on my six and ended up getting 4 kills. I was rtb' to rearm since I was out of ammo and fuel. I set down and here comes this noob in a jug strafing the runway. He was spraying and praying and got a lucky hit that killed me when I was almost stopped. I checked his score b/c I have never seen his name I was his 2nd kill in his whole damn career. Please HTC implement something in the TA that you have to pass to be able to enter the MA's.

cajun...no matter if they been flyin a month or few years, your gonna find that there are dweebs like that in the game. nothing can be done about this except for to grin and bare it. just up another plane and keel them...if they run..chase them down and then keel them. nevertheless dont let them have the satisfaction of landing their vulch keels!
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2009, 11:18:13 PM »
Yeah Slash I thought I would like being a cop more then fire fighting. Now I realize I had alot more fun and got a better rush when I was a fire fighter. Don't get me wrong I like being a cop, just kinda missing going into smoked out buildings, not being able to see sh*t and spending the whole shift at a fire.You know what they say there is a pyro in every firefighter lol.  :salute

Pyros make the best firefighters :D

Just started the PD academy last month so I can move to an investigator roll somewhere down the line. It's an all firefighter class so we are getting plenty of guff from the instructors. Apparently all we do is sleep and eat ice cream in recliners all day. I had no idea. :huh

:salute

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2009, 11:34:03 PM »
Hell I miss being able to lay in the recliner all day at the station lol. I remember when one of the fire dept Captain's went to the pd academy so he could carry a firearm. He carried it for about 1 month the firefighters were the one giving him grief on it lol. GL on the academy.  :salute

"SlapShot

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2009, 11:38:16 PM »
Oh yeah Slash I forgot to tell ya I was in my unit driving around the city when I noticed a column of black smoke. Naturally I went to investigate turned out to be an apartment complex on fire. It is kinda weird b/c my old truck was there made me miss it more when I seen everybody with their bunker gear and scba's on. At least I got to chat with a few old buddies. I still chat with a few of my buddies the FD training center is two blocks from the PD ok that is it <S> be safe.

"SlapShot