Author Topic: Morpheus  (Read 65043 times)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
Re: Morpheus
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2009, 08:56:21 PM »
 :salute

Hope he gets better
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2009, 09:21:24 PM »
I just spoke with Jeff's dad ...

Jeff is still in an induced coma and the doctors have no plans of bringing him out of this anytime soon. The want him to stay a still as possible to help in reducing the swelling of the brian. The have also removed a section of his skull to relieve the pressure.

He snapped a femur and they told his Dad that they wouldn't operate on that until they were satisfied with his brain swelling ... well they operated on the femur just the other day, so his Dad is taking that as a good sign.

As far as brain injury ... they have done all the scans, MRIs, etc but they really won't know the extent of any brain damage until Jeff is out of the coma and awake. According to his Dad, the doctors have told him that he is healing, in a general extent, very fast which his Dad is taking as another good sign. His Dad said ... "He is a tough and strong boy ... he will pull out of this".

I told them both of the outpouring of well wishes and prayers from the AH community and they were completely blown away. They never realized how many "virtual" friends that Jeff has.

His Dad gave me his email address and told me that I could also call them anytime to check on Jeff's progress ... which I will and post it here.

Gratefully Appreciate you posting this updat, Slap......... to sadden to say much of anything else at this time except....

sending prayers for recovery and hopeful thoughts to Jeff and his Family during this enduring time.....

I am happy to have the thought that Morph's agressive go get em nature will only help him recover that much faster.... :salute :pray
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2009, 09:26:52 PM »
Thank you for the update Slap.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2009, 09:31:35 PM »
Slap, do you mind coordinating the AH community? It definitely appears you have good contact with his family and you live a bit closer than I do as well.

I'd like to donate some money for the flowers/armour die cast model/ or whatever else is decided on.

No I don't mind.

His parents asked not to have their address posted on the BBS, but if anyone wants to send him a card feel free to send it to ...

RJ Hoyt
C/O Jeff Baldasare <--- please make sure this is there ... I don't want to mix up my personal mail and his ... thanks
94 Orchard Lane
Watertown, CT 06795

I will make sure that he and/or his parents get it. Seeing that he is in intensive care, flowers would not be a good thing as they are not allowed in an intensive care unit ... a simple card would be great ... I am sure he would be more than pleased to read them when he is able.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2009, 09:31:43 PM »
thoughts and prayers go out to Morph tonight and until he is fully recovered.  I think it's great seeing friends and foes alike from online come together like this.  #S# Morph

:pray

#S#

Banshee7
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2009, 09:36:25 PM »
Jeff is in my prayers, known him a long time...very sad to hear this. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2009, 09:46:32 PM »
oh defentally ..the Candle is lit and Mutten has been sacrificed .

Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2009, 09:51:09 PM »
Gods speed on your recovery Morph.

C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline Kwan

• Nickel Member
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2009, 10:21:20 PM »
Speedy recovery Jeff ....... :aok

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2009, 11:01:45 PM »
Morph has always been selfless and helpful in/out of the game with me.  When he's better and physically able I've got a Yak-52 flight with your name on it amigo.  Get better my friend  :salute

-Golfer

Offline ElGuapo1

• Copper Member
      • http://www.yoursheephaverugburns
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2009, 12:06:38 AM »
wow ...all i can say is wow...My familys thinking about you and praying jeff..Get well bro :(

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2009, 12:10:54 AM »
I have just started riding, well last year, and this is a frightening thing. I just found yesterday out about an old HS classmate who died on his bike a few years ago (I was out of touch with most HS classmates)... now this. :(

Hey Slappy, if you have the resources PM me, sort of a tribute to him...

I have a bunch of movies, some made by him I need help discerning if they are his, I forgot on a few. I have the full versions:

didn't he make the film AH: past and present?
I have a Fubar movie with him in the credits "with love Morph"
"Magic Carpet Ride" I know is his
"Pink Panther" I know is his
Did he make "Serving Taters" with Wetrat?
"To The Top" me in 190 he made
Did he make the WoooWooo movie with Nath?
Did he make Yucca in the P47?

Whatever movies he did I have the full versions of those listed. I'd love to upload them somewhere everyone can see and make sure he has full credit. I know he did more, I just can't say which of the tons of saved movies I have he did.

Let me know, some of these are above 80mb, I don't know if I can youtube all of them. I don't have any server space, or bandwidth, I apologize, but I hope the media can contribute.

I'd love the community to see how important, and great he is. I'm genuinely worried for his health, and it's uncomfortable. I'd love to do anything to help out and if enough people pray for someone as awesome as him the better the chances.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 01:33:17 AM by Mustaine »
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2009, 12:22:49 AM »
Slap is right about the issue, cards and such are a good idea for now.

We can approach the subject again later when he improves and the restrictions on items aren't as rigid as they are now.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2009, 12:25:51 AM »
Thanks for the update and the address Slap.

I'm glad his folks are optimistic.  It has to be a horrible time for them.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2009, 12:34:38 AM »
I just spoke with Jeff's dad ...

Jeff is still in an induced coma and the doctors have no plans of bringing him out of this anytime soon. The want him to stay a still as possible to help in reducing the swelling of the brian. The have also removed a section of his skull to relieve the pressure.

He snapped a femur and they told his Dad that they wouldn't operate on that until they were satisfied with his brain swelling ... well they operated on the femur just the other day, so his Dad is taking that as a good sign.

As far as brain injury ... they have done all the scans, MRIs, etc but they really won't know the extent of any brain damage until Jeff is out of the coma and awake. According to his Dad, the doctors have told him that he is healing, in a general extent, very fast which his Dad is taking as another good sign. His Dad said ... "He is a tough and strong boy ... he will pull out of this".

I told them both of the outpouring of well wishes and prayers from the AH community and they were completely blown away. They never realized how many "virtual" friends that Jeff has.

His Dad gave me his email address and told me that I could also call them anytime to check on Jeff's progress ... which I will and post it here.

slapshot...ty for the info. im glad to hear that things are looking up for him. i will keep morphy in my thoughts and prayers and hope for a speedy recovery. im sure that morphy would b greatful for everyone also that is wishing him well. its times like this that i am proud to be a member of the AH community. slapshot, please let me know if there is anything that i can do for him.

once again <<S>> and ty :)
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!