Author Topic: Morpheus  (Read 65228 times)

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
Re: Morpheus
« Reply #420 on: August 18, 2009, 02:46:41 PM »
The frustration is a good thing. Stress and love breed creativity, and creativity is progress.

Big up to you SlapShot for keeping us filled in. I'm not a very pious person, but my thoughts are very much with you guys.
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #421 on: August 18, 2009, 02:58:23 PM »
remember what started you and dont look down on those who still have a way to go...or have you understood nothing so far?
 :salute

Wow Batty thats deep! :aok

Slap,I read what you just wrote and it had an effect on me. Having faced long term rehab myself I know what Morpheus is going through.All that you can do is support him,dont let him spite his self,and forgive him for his reactions.

Remember,when he sees his friends it's a stark reminder of what used to be,he's at the stage of being PO'd at everything.Thats good and will pass hopefully as he heals,till then just keep reasuring him.

Thx Slap. :salute
 keep the updates coming,I reads this thread often!

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #422 on: August 18, 2009, 03:26:15 PM »
ty for the updates slappy! hopefully with time morphys frustrations will calm down a little bit so that he can progress faster. i couldnt imagine what he is going through, he just wants to get up and hang with the boys and he can't right now. thanx again for all you guys are doing for him and us by keeping us posted!!!

~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #423 on: August 18, 2009, 03:36:12 PM »

Wow Batty thats deep! :aok

Slap,I read what you just wrote and it had an effect on me. Having faced long term rehab myself I know what Morpheus is going through.All that you can do is support him,dont let him spite his self,and forgive him for his reactions.

Remember,when he sees his friends it's a stark reminder of what used to be,he's at the stage of being PO'd at everything.Thats good and will pass hopefully as he heals,till then just keep reasuring him.

Thx Slap. :salute
 keep the updates coming,I reads this thread often!

We aren't going to give up on him at all ... we just don't want to exacerbate the problem.

We believe that his frustration stems from the fact that he doesn't really realize, at this point, that he was in such a terrible accident and the results of that accident is why he is in the rehab hospital. He doesn't understand why he can't go home and that pisses him off.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #424 on: August 18, 2009, 05:50:11 PM »
 Much as I expected Slap!!

Hopefully that will change at some point.

I truely feel for him and his family,I know what I put mine through. :o

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #425 on: August 19, 2009, 02:14:58 AM »
That blank you get of just before and during an accident really is perplexing.. Now you're living something, minutes later it never happened.  Unreal.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Online Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #426 on: August 21, 2009, 09:11:29 PM »
No idea what Jeff is capable of right now, but I read that they are doing incredible things with music therapy for head injuries these days. For whatever reason, it seems that patients with brain injuries may respond well to basic music lessons.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #427 on: August 21, 2009, 09:53:13 PM »
Badboy and I were able to see Jeff this past Wednesday.  We walked in and he was lying in bed, covers up to his chin and his feet sticking out the other end.  He was watching NCIS and didn't even acknowledge us until the first commercial.  I thought that as pretty funny.  We stayed about an hour and a half, not talking much, just watching TV and cracking some jokes.  Jeff was there and understood most of our comments and jokes, he laughed at a few, we talked a little about his therapy and then we left.  It was nice to see him relaxed and mellow, especially after last week.  Hopefully his brain is starting to rewire itself, but his speech is still very rough and he still has a hard time getting long sentences out.  He seems to be making progress but at more of a geological pace. 

Till next week...

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #428 on: August 22, 2009, 10:45:41 AM »
A while back I had a friend who had a similar situation. You could read the frustration in his eyes as he tried to communicate, and as he slowly boiled over in frustration he would start ranting and raving nonsensical things out of his mouth. His doctor one day explained to me and a buddy that John most likely had the words correct in his head, but because all the "wiring" was jumbled, he was unable to put the words together in a coherent sentence, and that he had to relearn -or actually his brain had to remap those routes for his speech patterns. It took John a long time to get to the point of acceptance of his situation or actually "knowing" the predicament he was in, before he actually began to improve. Most of his good days were when we would just sit with him and not say anything, just be with him, I think loneliness was his biggest enemy. He still has a slur in his speech, but he is "all there" now. What you guys are doing is probably the most important part of his healing process, I know John thought that he would become the odd man out because he was suddenly different, at least that is what he eventually told me, probably more than just that.
Anyway, the point is, you guys are doing a truly good thing seeing him, taking time out of your life to share it with someone in need.
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline ausmith

• Zinc Member
« Reply #429 on: August 24, 2009, 08:11:56 AM »
Wow! I don't read the BB much. sorry to hear about the accident, sounds like Jeff is getting better and I'm real impressed with the support he is getting from all these people in the virtual and real world. it is apparent to me that his anger and frustration is a withdrawl symptom from AHII, sure he has some serious brain trauma, but he knows what's going on and he needs his Jstick but no one will let him get to it. all kidding aside I have flown many, many times with and against him (i died against him) and have talked with him many times, I do hope his brain can rewire around the messed up patches and he is able to get on with his life ASAP. I too ride and it saddens me to hear that he has laid it down, but that is one of the many risks we rider face to do what we love. what I have been reading about the brain, it sounds like he might be able to recover with time and help from those that are close to him. I do wish him a speedy recovery and my thoughts go out to him and his family.  I salute all those that have kept us up to date on his progress, tell him Smitty is rooting for him.

thanks, Ausmith1 (smitty) VF-15 Satan's Playmates

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #430 on: August 27, 2009, 07:21:04 PM »
You all seeing him soon?
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #431 on: August 27, 2009, 08:27:20 PM »
 A couple of them try to make it every week. Real life gets in the way some times, but they are there enough to make pests out of themselves   :D

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #432 on: August 27, 2009, 09:13:14 PM »
I know, just like hearing news :).
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #433 on: August 27, 2009, 09:47:54 PM »
My thoughts are with Morph and his family tonight.

From reading this, my girlfriend and I will be wearing helmets while skiing outback this winter season with no exception. Reading this story saddened me; I hope he recovers.
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #434 on: August 27, 2009, 10:08:28 PM »
Badboy and I were able to see Jeff this past Wednesday.  We walked in and he was lying in bed, covers up to his chin and his feet sticking out the other end.  He was watching NCIS and didn't even acknowledge us until the first commercial.  I thought that as pretty funny.  We stayed about an hour and a half, not talking much, just watching TV and cracking some jokes.  Jeff was there and understood most of our comments and jokes, he laughed at a few, we talked a little about his therapy and then we left.  It was nice to see him relaxed and mellow, especially after last week.  Hopefully his brain is starting to rewire itself, but his speech is still very rough and he still has a hard time getting long sentences out.  He seems to be making progress but at more of a geological pace. 

Till next week...

Should be about a year for a recovery.   My buddy was about that long and was worse.   Speech was the toughest for my buddy.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC