Author Topic: Morpheus  (Read 65059 times)

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Re: Morpheus
« Reply #480 on: January 13, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »
Aw man that's some bummer news :(

I will definitely be praying for him more

<S> Jeff, and may God be with you and your family bro.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #481 on: January 13, 2010, 04:59:16 PM »
 :cry

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #482 on: January 13, 2010, 05:17:04 PM »
I hope he makes a miracle recovery :(.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #483 on: January 13, 2010, 05:50:02 PM »
When we moved to this small town of Brackley we befreinded a neighbour whose niece was married that year to a young barber who had recently lost his job. He started to offer a hair cutting service  whereby he would visit folks homes in the evenings and cut hair there.

We used him, and got to know "Pete"  as a barber to cut my hair and  that of my two sons. He was an aquaintence not a close freind...just some one we knew.

Later that year he was involved in a horrendous accident incurring both spinal and cranial damage which left him Partially paralized and massively mentally impaired.

The family went thru huge trauma over the coming years and it was clear after some time that he was never going to recover to the point where he would play any active role in the comminity. He was incapable of speach, incontinent, wheel chair bound and prone to violent moods.

To make things worse he had concieved a son shortly before the accident and he was incapable of understanding the relationship he bore to the little life that was introduced into his world. His mood swings meant that he was separated from Mother and child.

Every year we have a Bonfire/firework  party in the town on November  5th (Guy Fawkes night its a Brit sort of thing) and quite often get some sort of local celebrity to start the display.

Last year two blokes walk over the the  display one with an akward limp the other somewhat younger. My wife nudges me and points.. "Thats Pete" she says... I couldn't remember who Pete was and she reminds me.

Pete starts the fireworks to great applause and limps back  whith a huge grin on his face..........

"......... and that's his son" says my wife..... pointing to the younger man with him as the two returned to the family waiting for them.

You see we moved to Brackley in 88. Petes accident was in 90 and last year his son would have been 18 or 19 (I dont know all the dates exactly).

I dont know Morpheus that well either...............he "shot" me down a few times.  

I have no personal experience of great grief or even (truth be told ) of any great hardship or sacrifice. But I do believe that where there is love and family then there is hope and with time hope will bear fruit.
Ludere Vincere

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #484 on: January 13, 2010, 06:53:55 PM »
There is always hope. My father isnt suppose to be walking or talking right now after his car wreck and 40+ operations. But i never underestimate the power of will, heart, mind and GODd. So there is always hope for Morph.  :salute morph keep fighting

+1  :salute Jeff keep on trying. i know its hard but you cant stop fighting it.

:salute Slap thanks for the update bro sorry you had to witness that sad sad story first hand. we are here for you as well
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #485 on: January 13, 2010, 06:56:06 PM »
 :pray
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #486 on: January 13, 2010, 08:29:48 PM »
 :angel: :pray :angel:

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #487 on: January 13, 2010, 08:56:20 PM »
Well said Tilt, hang in there Morph. I'm hoping the boyhood memories when he gets home helps him make the turn.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #488 on: January 13, 2010, 09:00:39 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that bad news. :(
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #489 on: January 13, 2010, 10:51:25 PM »
Damn this sux. Thanks for the update Slap..

I do have a question though, when and if he moves to Maine, and gets put in a facility, are they still going to try and rehab?

Hang in there Morph, we're all pullin' for ya bro!

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #490 on: January 14, 2010, 08:02:40 AM »
UGH ... we went to see Jeff last week and I have been avoiding writing this post.

Jeff really isn't progressing at any discernible rate that we can see.

His girlfriend was there, and while I was visiting with Morph, Mars had a conversation with her.

The doctors say that they don't think that Jeff will progress any farther than he already has. This means that he will most likely be in some type of an "assisted living" complex for the rest of his life. His speech isn't really progressing, his walking isn't really progressing, and he still needs to wear a diaper.

With that type of news, Jeff's parents have decided to move forward with their "life plan" which they had been putting on hold since the accident. Jeff will be moving to Maine with his parents and it could be as soon as the March time frame.

Needless to say, we (Mars01, BadBoy58, and myself) are quite bummed at the news ... hence my delay in writing this post.

Sorry for the not-so good news.

thank you for the post slappy, even if it wasn't what we all was hoping for. i can't imagine what morphy is going through or what his parents and girlfriend are going through while being there and helping him through this time. it was really hard to read this post and understand as to why you didn't really want to post it. im want to think that maybe the doctors are wrong, maybe they are giving up on him too soon. doctors have been known to be wrong on occasion right? i mean, with more time could there be a chance that something will spark him to remember things he might not remember right now and be the determined person that we all know morphy is? i dont have much faith in doctors, am i wrong for thinking this way? i dont think its fair that they give up so easily on him. its not fair at all!!  :furious

slappy, you and your squadies are the greatest guys that someone can have as a friend, morphy is very lucky to have you guys in his life. thank you for everything.

i dont want to give up hope for morphy, i will continue to pray every day that somehow someway he will be back in the virtual skies with us.

never stop fighting morphy! :salute
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #491 on: January 14, 2010, 10:50:55 AM »
Slap,

Thanks for keeping us all updated,I bet your post was 1 of the hardest things to do.

No one wants to be the barer of bad news and I for 1 would like to say how much I appreciate the fact that despite the news you still came forward to the community and told us.    :salute

Hopefully a change in scenery will spark something in Morph and he'll find away to progress.

To Morph and his family I wish them all the luck and they will be in my thoughts.

Plz.keep us informed of any news Slap.

:salute

Offline MotleyCH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #492 on: January 15, 2010, 08:41:20 AM »
 :pray

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #493 on: January 15, 2010, 01:35:39 PM »
I am touched every time I read the outpouring for Morph in this community.  Thank you all!   :salute

A couple things that Jodi had mentioned, they just realized that Morph has double vision in his right eye and we are hoping that once corrected (glasses) he will have a better time of walking and that his balance will improve.

The other thing that is not so good, is that he has been on Adavan for some time, to keep him corrigible.  Early-on, this summer, Jeff was pissed at something and he poped one of his care takers in the nose.  You can still see some small blood spatter on the ceiling tiles in his room.  Unfortunately on Adavan you really aren't motivated to do much let alone what is necessary to prevail in his condition, so that is not helping.

On a good note he looks good, he is starting to fatten up a bit so they have him on a low fat diet.  He seemed more responsive than normal, but still garbled, but sometimes we really aren't sure if he is yessing us or really gets what we are saying.  We are hoping his better responsiveness is because he is starting to get used to the Adavan.  

I have to admit, it had been a while since we were able to get up there and see him.  So this last time we were really hoping to find him in an improved state.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 01:37:36 PM by mars01 »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #494 on: January 15, 2010, 01:42:54 PM »
Not what we want to hear but it's his update we want. Not some pie in the sky.

We are all still pulling for him.

Slap and friends... thanks for keeping up with these updates. <S>
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)