Author Topic: Morpheus  (Read 65020 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Morpheus
« Reply #540 on: February 15, 2010, 10:21:27 AM »
[iWe have known Jeff for over 5 years now and what we do, we do out of love for a "kid" (27 yrs old) that we think needed some external friendly stimulation outside of "family".

I had a feeling that posting my personal feelings might go in this direction ... it won't happen again.

Slapshot, thank you for all you've done keeping us all informed and standing by Morph through all of this. :salute

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #541 on: February 19, 2010, 10:29:46 AM »
We made it up to see Morph this past Wednesday and I have to say it was a good visit.  They got Jeff fitted for glasses.  He was only able to see close up and that may very well be the reason he has been having a hard time doing anything.  The more I thought about it, what we take for granted, being able to see the fork, food, bathroom etc. may be with his very limited vision he couldnt do the simple things.  Only time will tell.  He got the glasses this past Sunday so we shall see, fingers crossed.

Morph was in really good spirits and honesty this was the first time I saw a very small glimpse of the old Morph inside what is still a very disabled Morph.  He still can not talk very well and his mobility is still very limited.  But when we were talking with him he really seemed to understand what was going on, he was alert and responsive and joking.  He didn't seem like he was in his usual daze or as lethargic as usual.  He asked about the plane I'm building, which was a surprise to me.  I started to show him some of the pictures I have on my phone and he really seemed like he understood what he was looking at and kept saying Wow, OMG, nice, wow.  In the past visits I have occasionally talked about it with him and shown him some pictures, but he would kinda sit there dazed and not really responsive.  I didn't think he really understood what I was showing him.  But this time he seemed tuned in.  We sat and watched that Bears guy that does the survival show and all of us, Morph included were cracking jokes making small fun of some of the extraordinary things we were seeing.  And Morph really seemed like he was getting what we were saying, although he still had a hard time getting the words out.

So thank you all for your support and please keep praying for Morph, the three of us left there much more upbeat and much more hopeful for things to come than the last visit. 

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #542 on: February 19, 2010, 10:36:25 AM »
Thanks for the update. Prayers and hopes for his continued recuperation.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #543 on: February 19, 2010, 11:53:11 AM »
Thanks for the update Mars.  Good to hear you saw some signs of the old Morph.  Hopefully this bodes well for the future.  Tell him we miss his cartoon 38 up and about :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #544 on: February 19, 2010, 05:36:08 PM »
We made it up to see Morph this past Wednesday and I have to say it was a good visit.  They got Jeff fitted for glasses.  He was only able to see close up and that may very well be the reason he has been having a hard time doing anything.  The more I thought about it, what we take for granted, being able to see the fork, food, bathroom etc. may be with his very limited vision he couldnt do the simple things.  Only time will tell.  He got the glasses this past Sunday so we shall see, fingers crossed.

Morph was in really good spirits and honesty this was the first time I saw a very small glimpse of the old Morph inside what is still a very disabled Morph.  He still can not talk very well and his mobility is still very limited.  But when we were talking with him he really seemed to understand what was going on, he was alert and responsive and joking.  He didn't seem like he was in his usual daze or as lethargic as usual.  He asked about the plane I'm building, which was a surprise to me.  I started to show him some of the pictures I have on my phone and he really seemed like he understood what he was looking at and kept saying Wow, OMG, nice, wow.  In the past visits I have occasionally talked about it with him and shown him some pictures, but he would kinda sit there dazed and not really responsive.  I didn't think he really understood what I was showing him.  But this time he seemed tuned in.  We sat and watched that Bears guy that does the survival show and all of us, Morph included were cracking jokes making small fun of some of the extraordinary things we were seeing.  And Morph really seemed like he was getting what we were saying, although he still had a hard time getting the words out.

So thank you all for your support and please keep praying for Morph, the three of us left there much more upbeat and much more hopeful for things to come than the last visit. 

awsome update mars!!! ty for keeping us posted! you guys rawk!! :rock

im so happy to hear that morphy had a good visit with you, im sure that you guys coming in and hangin out with him from time to time really does lift his spirits in ways yall might not realize! once again ty guys for all you have done for morphy!  :salute
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #545 on: February 19, 2010, 05:59:08 PM »
Ty Mars :salute

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #546 on: February 19, 2010, 08:01:59 PM »
This indeed is good news!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

:pray

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #547 on: February 20, 2010, 06:45:47 AM »
 :aok :airplane:
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #548 on: February 20, 2010, 07:33:36 AM »
thanks for the update mars
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #549 on: February 20, 2010, 08:41:05 AM »
Thanks guys, and WTG Morph !!! keep at it buddy, we're all pulling for yas !

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #550 on: April 01, 2010, 04:25:39 PM »
Any news?
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline ElGuapo1

• Copper Member
      • http://www.yoursheephaverugburns
« Reply #551 on: April 01, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »
Prayin Hard for ya Morph!!!!!!! :pray

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #552 on: April 01, 2010, 06:40:42 PM »
                       :pray                :salute
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #553 on: April 01, 2010, 07:23:07 PM »
 :pray ing for Morph....You can do it bud!!!!
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #554 on: April 01, 2010, 08:51:15 PM »
hoping for good news
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.