Author Topic: My new computer purchased from Tildeath  (Read 1754 times)

Offline froger

• Silver Member
Re: My new computer purchased from Tildeath
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2009, 12:39:50 AM »
I will have to hurt you now Delirium.  You will not know when, but it will happen.  :)

Maybe one day you will log in and have a million perk points, but all the perk planes will be worth a million and one perk points.

:rofl :O
frogs are people too

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2009, 08:35:54 PM »

If you like skinny red heads  :D

Well....
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 07:51:34 AM »
If you like skinny red heads  :D

who doesnt? :D
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 08:06:43 AM »
I explained my current situation (using a Mac and running Windows) wanting the reverse (a PC that I would try to install 'the other OS' on it for work compatibility).

btw how have you got on with that? i need to do that on my new box and need to know which the best current distro is (rather than installing 4 different ones like last time :rolleyes:)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 03:30:34 PM »
I can not really speak for zes but from what I gather, he used only one but is having some problems with the Firewire seeing all the items plugged in when in the Mac OS

Offline zes

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 11:50:05 AM »
btw how have you got on with that? i need to do that on my new box and need to know which the best current distro is (rather than installing 4 different ones like last time :rolleyes:)

I tried a few also.  The one that worked for me was Iatkos 10.5.6.  It has a ton of optional kexts and patches to try (though it doesn't explain them very well).  My only problem is the additional firewire card.  The OS doesn't support it and causes freezes when firewire is accessed.   I would recommend giving the 'Boot 1-3-2' method a try first as it can yield a retail install.  Should work fine provided all of your hardware is supported.

zes

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 12:25:48 PM »
ty will try it :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron