Author Topic: Question for all the people who call the spitfire 16 a noob plane.  (Read 7692 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Question for all the people who call the spitfire 16 a noob plane.
« Reply #255 on: April 24, 2009, 05:40:24 PM »
Erm, it is kinda funny that you denigrate his opinion and then blather yours like yours counts for more.  I hate to break it to you, but the Spitfire is widely (not universally) seen as one of the best looking aircraft ever.  You, not him, are in the minority.

I did not nor did I intend to denigrate anyone's opinion. If so, I apologize. I stated my opinion clearly as "my opinion" and pointed out that "the spit is easily the best looking plane in the set" was only the other bloke's opinion. He worded it as if it were the gospel truth. He did not take offense, why did you? By your logic, you are denigrating my opinion.

Forgive me if I am in the minority of people that don't have a chubby for the Spitfire. The first time I saw it was in a Time-Life book in 7th grade and disliked it from the get-go. I have much respect for the plane itself but think its combat performance is a major reason for the idolization of the aesthetics of the design.

P40 would prob be the worst looking plane in Aces High :D
:)      In my opinion, the bubble canopied P-47 is the coolest looking aircraft of WWII.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #256 on: April 25, 2009, 06:19:30 AM »
I wouldnt say i worded it as if it was gospel truth i merely stated that i like the damn bird and yeah karnak is right you fobbed my opinion and replaced it with your own like what i say or think doesnt matter  :huh but your right too i havnt taken any offense as i feel you wasnt meaning to offend anyone  :salute
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #257 on: April 25, 2009, 09:06:46 AM »
I have much respect for the plane itself but think its combat performance is a major reason for the idolization of the aesthetics of the design.

Its not fat its elegant and is curved almost everywhere, men like curves the more the better thats prob the reason  :lol

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #258 on: April 25, 2009, 10:56:02 AM »
The elliptical wing is a very elegant and efficient design.  Producing far less induced drag then other, more traditional, shapes.  The Spitfire wings are truly beautiful from an aerodynamic standpoint.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #259 on: April 25, 2009, 12:13:43 PM »
I wouldnt say i worded it as if it was gospel truth i merely stated that i like the damn bird and yeah karnak is right you fobbed my opinion and replaced it with your own like what i say or think doesnt matter  :huh but your right too i havnt taken any offense as i feel you wasnt meaning to offend anyone  :salute

It's true, I meant no offense. Didn't say I wasn't trying to ruffle a few feathers though.  :D

And pervert, the Jug is not fat. It just has a "plus-sized" fuselage.  :)

edit: Since we have so many Spit models in the game, I would like to hijack this thread to request the uber P-47M:

Saw this very plane fly and up close on the ground. It is a stunner.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 01:50:48 PM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #260 on: April 25, 2009, 12:25:20 PM »
It's true, I meant no offense. Didn't say I wasn't trying to ruffle a few feathers though.  :D

Haha  :rofl
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury