Author Topic: Defining good gameplay  (Read 6443 times)

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Re: Defining good gameplay
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 04:35:26 PM »
I logged in this morning and found some squaddies in Blue arena. We took some P51s up and ran around at high speeds trying to shoot people down. Eventualy we pushed all the 20k+ cons down and circled off their base picking off anyone brave enough to fight us, although we missed most of our shots from laughing at some really disgracefull jokes. Finally we got overrun by spits and an la7s and had to high tail it home. I just thought to myself, man....If something in this game doesnt change soon I'm... just going to...play for as long as possible. Redtop has the most jokes but i think i capped the offensive jokes table today. 1 up to shameless joke from batfink, oh yes. (im not posting that film or half the squad would get banned). I ran a few mossie sweeps deffending a base from CV attack after which turned out to be quite fruitfull!

It was fun...Just about everytime I log in I have fun...the times I don't is because I wasn't really in the mood to play anyway. I logged in this morning to find 1 squaddie on and we defended a base til we couldn't anymore. We had a blast.

Good game play , Bad game play...it really all comes down to yourself. If ya don't like whats happening change places....don't like the land grab...don't play it...don't like furballing...find a base take and get busy. Don't feel like flying drive something. Do some gunning. Bomb the crap out of nothing. It's all in what each person puts in to it.

Having the great squaddies Ihave to fly with makes thinsg that much better. Not flying everyday and staying frustrated helps as well.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 04:48:38 PM »
Organizing/coordinating players to work together and meet objectives.
Sounds like you should be playing command and conquer, not a flight Sim.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 05:35:37 PM »
Sounds like you should be playing command and conquer, not a flight Sim.

Says you.  Fighter and bomber tactics have always been about teamwork.  The loose duece, finger four, close formation, all of it done in teams.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 05:52:02 PM »

Well there's a lot more to talk about in defining bad game play opposed to good.

Heard a phrase on the news about truth, lies and gossip. Gossip and lie's can travel 1/2 way across the world before the truth decides to even put it's shoes on.
And saying nothing at all, when there is nothing good to say.  Guess I'm learning the hard way :rofl.  Anyway  :salute to good fights.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 05:58:36 PM »
Defining good gameplay is like defining good dogfighting skills.  Where do you start, how many different examples do you have to give before you have a bullet proof definition?  Good gameplay has all actors having fun.  It's directly corelated to fair odds, with a richness of tactical options, usually to good sportsmanship but also to benignly getting a raise out of the opponents and friendlies, to novelty... Etc.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 06:25:33 PM »
I admit it, every time I up, I have fun - whether the fight is equal numbers or unequal it dont matter.

Sure, I whine at times, everyone does, but I have fun in my own little way.

Fun for me is to do what I want to do, when I want to do it - my ultimate favourite is defending against a cv attack, either in planes or in a gv, its all good.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 06:58:07 PM »
I admit it, every time I up, I have fun - whether the fight is equal numbers or unequal it dont matter.

Sure, I whine at times, everyone does, but I have fun in my own little way.

Fun for me is to do what I want to do, when I want to do it - my ultimate favourite is defending against a cv attack, either in planes or in a gv, its all good.

Wurzel

Defending against a cv attack is my favorite as well.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 07:00:14 PM »
I like it when you go off the beaten path and you get some good 1v1's out there away from the giant horde furball.
Strokes

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 07:36:29 PM »
Flying with people you thoroughly enjoy (not like that silat) so that the horrible game play can be made light of.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 08:08:54 PM »
I try to never whine, and never talk trash. The talking trash is something I'm really averse to.. burning bridges is a bad thing.. especially when one flies special events on a regular basis, and your enemy one week is your wingman the next..

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 08:11:43 PM »
Quote from: DREDger on Today at 08:48:28 AM
Organizing/coordinating players to work together and meet objectives.

Sounds like you should be playing command and conquer, not a flight Sim

Says you.  Fighter and bomber tactics have always been about teamwork.  The loose duece, finger four, close formation, all of it done in teams.

Not sure why he said that

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 03:23:14 AM »
Putting together a fighter sweep in the MA, and flying in a way that leaves you with little chance of death, no matter how organized or planned out just sounds lame to me. Maby not ever getting shot at is fun for you, but it's not for me. The only tactic that matters IMO is how do i get my nose behind your tail.
    Typically the ones who find the most success in this game, are the ones who don't need to rely on others, and can get themselves out of any situation.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 06:34:44 AM »
As long as you're having fun right =)
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 06:55:58 AM »
For me good gameplay is...

Flying together with squadies and helping each other out.

We (Loose Deuce) tend to fly together alot and its really nice to take off together and actually fly together to a combat area not just fight in the same area but actualy fight together. RTB as a group and do a fighting escape is great. Tow and roll in tow and roll in as you escape from combat is great.

Helping each other out creates a nice sence of purpouse to the fight.

For me its good gameplay to fly with Loose Deuce.

I dont know how we are as an experience to fight against and how our gameplay is experienced on the other side of the gun but I hope we are a pita because of our teamwork and no other reason. Because good gamplay in a mmo always has to mean good gameplay for both your self and your opponent. This is why I like the fact that we rotate sides.

Tex

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 08:48:23 AM »
Just playing devil's advocate here.. These are all examples, not a definition.  What is gameplay, and what makes it good rather than bad?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you