Author Topic: Italian Skins  (Read 939 times)

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Italian Skins
« on: May 01, 2009, 03:19:23 PM »
I have a copy of "Courage Alone" the story of the Regia Aeronautica.  If any honest and noted skinner wants ot borrow it for a few months ot work on some Ju-88, Ju-87 skins in Italian use or some modifications of 201 and 202 skins, let me know and I'll be happy to discuss it with you.

It's a hard to obtain and expensive book though so I'd like to have it returned.

Sakai
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Italian Skins
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 03:22:45 PM »
I've done a couple of Italian skins for the Bf 109G-6 (which I've revised and resubmitted with more accurate weathering and paintjobs), and I think Kazan has done a skin for the K-4 (based on a G-10 I believe). Someone has also done a very good RA Ju 87 skin. The problem with doing more skins for the Macchis and Junkers we have is that they are old graphics model, and will (hopefully) be updated soon making all skins made for the current model useless. Thus I would be (and I believe others as well) hesitant to do more skins for these aircraft until the new 3D models come out.

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 03:25:45 PM »
The problem with doing more skins for the Macchis and Junkers we have is that they are old graphics model, and will (hopefully) be updated soon making all skins made for the current model useless. Thus I would be (and I believe others as well) hesitant to do more skins for these aircraft until the new 3D models come out.

Ah yes.  Well, thought I'd offer!

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 05:00:08 PM »
I would be interested in skinning an Italian Ju 88. It has its limitations as a template, but I can usually make it look OK. As I live in the UK I imagine borrowing the book is out of the question. Could you email me some scans from it?

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
I would be interested in skinning an Italian Ju 88. It has its limitations as a template, but I can usually make it look OK. As I live in the UK I imagine borrowing the book is out of the question. Could you email me some scans from it?

See what I can do!

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 03:47:28 AM »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 06:55:01 AM »
I've done a couple of Italian skins for the Bf 109G-6 (which I've revised and resubmitted with more accurate weathering and paintjobs), and I think Kazan has done a skin for the K-4 (based on a G-10 I believe). Someone has also done a very good RA Ju 87 skin. The problem with doing more skins for the Macchis and Junkers we have is that they are old graphics model, and will (hopefully) be updated soon making all skins made for the current model useless. Thus I would be (and I believe others as well) hesitant to do more skins for these aircraft until the new 3D models come out.
I found an Italian web site with some nice colour photos. Here are a few.