Author Topic: Guilty as charged!  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Guilty as charged!
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 07:34:55 PM »
I switch with low numbers.  At the time Bishops had the lowest numbers of the arena (rooks outnumbered bish by 50 players).
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 08:30:43 PM »

Ya the whole Hord thing never happens on the knit/rook side ha scotch....

see a hord....up a hord....

froger

I never mentioned sides. I switch sides all the time. Because it does or does not happen on one side doesn't make it any different or justifiable. It's not about sides. Shut up. You're done.

you guys crack me up..HOW would he know if a big % of the defenders were having a good time or not scotch??

everyone worried about the poor wittle defenders feewings against base attacks..

If it will help the defenders feel better,next time we will come in with KILTS ON,and bagpipes blaring so they will know EXACTLY where to meet us.. :P

And for those with really hurt feelings,I guess we will have to start suppling tissues to the defenders at the end of the battle.

It's not about feelings, it's about fair game play. If he knows enough to tell when they're whinning, he knows enough to tell when they're having fun. Shut up. You're done. Hippy!

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 08:35:47 PM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 08:32:45 PM »
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 08:35:13 PM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2009, 08:48:45 PM »
I never mentioned sides. I switch sides all the time. Because it does or does not happen on one side doesn't make it any different or justifiable. It's not about sides. Shut up. You're done.

It's not about feelings, it's about fair game play. If he knows enough to tell when they're whinning, he knows enough to tell when they're having fun. Shut up. You're done. Hippy!

If one can tell if they are having fun by the whines,then according to MANY on 200 the game is never fun..

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009, 10:03:07 PM »
I concur with Banshee's assesment of the Jug mission. We intended it for an airbase, total takedown and capture. The dynamics of the situation forced us to reconsider (the Rook taking of V6), and so we chose to make V6 our capture target. Was a fun fight in.  :O((I said the "F" word, OMG!!!))
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2009, 10:14:04 PM »
Forget about it Scotch... Some players insist in being only good for one thing.. Being shot down.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline ghatfield

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2009, 10:45:15 PM »
Here's an idea...

All you professionals who are just too good, too proud, or too noble to fly in large missions, join a horde or take part in an NOE attack should petition HT to create a couple dozen 8-10 man arenas.  Perhaps then you won't feel as inconvenienced...AND THE REST OF US WILL FINALLY GET A BREAK FROM YOUR CONSTANT COMPLAINING AND MOANING!!!

Nice work Banshee.  Keep it up...the more you irritate the elitists the better.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2009, 10:49:14 PM »
You don't get it.  And we're not complaining.  And I fly in large missions.  Regardless of how good or proud or noble; it's got nothing to do with those.  And I'm not inconvenienced, it's not about that either.  Hell.. You dont get that we're not irritated by the actions of players so much as the lack of certain elements of gameplay.. But, if this is what you guys insist on.. Fine with me.  I'll just keep shooting you down.  You'll keep neglecting the other options the game gives you, not just for better pure ACM, but for your precious missions too.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 10:54:07 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2009, 11:00:21 PM »
Never mind...  Waste of time to point out certain truths, they will only be ignored by those who need to temper their positions.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 11:03:11 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2009, 11:02:07 PM »
the more you irritate the elitists the better.

Remarkable.  As if it's a bad thing to want to be elite.

Hey, if you want to be ordinary, go for it.

- oldman

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2009, 11:05:08 PM »
Remarkable.  As if it's a bad thing to want to be elite.

Hey, if you want to be ordinary, go for it.

- oldman

Well, I believe that being elite and being an elitist are two different things.  Perhaps you should research the terms.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2009, 11:06:54 PM »
Well, I believe that being elite and being an elitist are two different things.  Perhaps you should research the terms.

Perhaps I have.

- oldman

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2009, 11:08:32 PM »
Perhaps I have.

And yet you posted what you did?  Interesting insight on your character then, eh?

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Sgtlead

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2009, 11:26:36 PM »
<S> Banshee7.  I joined all but the last mission and had a great time. :rock :salute  I usually shut 200 off when the windy whiners start in.  I play for fun and relaxation and last night was it. 

I was the lucky one who got the CV kill in my SBD! :O  Just the right time I guess.  Come on over anytime Banshee7, was a blast flying with you  <S> :aok
In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC

When you see that Mosquito easing up on your 6 relax.  Its just me.

Offline ghatfield

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2009, 11:41:15 PM »
Hmmm...

You're not complaining...you're not inconvenienced...and you're not irritated.  Yet you and your ilk spend hours on this BB, hitting effectively every post, pointing out how someone elses idea of how to have fun with this game is wrong. (An effective definition of 'elitist')

It is a game.  Most of us are here for a few hours of fun and have no desire to meet your 'purist' definition of proper game play.  If you want to be the greatest cartoon pilot ever...knock yourself out...but spare the rest of us your constant rants.  Your comments are without fail belittling and demeaning to those who don't meet your standards of play.  All you're really accomplishing is demonstrating your closed mindedness, immaturity and lack social graces.

There's an old cliche...'If you can't say something nice...don't say anything at all'.