Author Topic: My god would you please quit with the arena crap Hitech!  (Read 21726 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: My god would you please quit with the arena crap Hitech!
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2009, 10:34:03 PM »
I have to ask this...before the arena split how come there were no major 'ufo' problems and darbar problems, but now on TT there are?

There were. But also keep in mind they made some major upgrades to the game code and how the servers work right around the time they split the LW'S UP.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2009, 10:41:24 PM »

What choice is that?

For the last 3 months or so, I can't even get into Orange 95% of the time.  It has a cap of 340/300 or something for hours, and the times where it's smaller, it's not worth the 15 to 20 minutes trying to get into.

Same for many others who can't get into Orange and the only other choice (LW) means getting thrown into the sewer that is Blue.

It's especially fun in the Sewer Arena that one enemy has 15+ extra guys and the other has 35+...only token fighting between the two yet double and triple darbars from both on your front.  Yes...give us more of the Sewer Arena.

Arena caps & ENY work perfectly well, right?

It's the #1 reason why most long term paying subscribers I know have left the game.

ROX

You base that last comment on what?  I'd assume HTC would be able to make such a statement, but I don't know where any one player would have the stats to make such a statement.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2009, 12:39:53 AM »
You base that last comment on what?  I'd assume HTC would be able to make such a statement, but I don't know where any one player would have the stats to make such a statement.

Was wondering where he got that info too. My guess is the same place he gets most his info.........
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2009, 01:49:49 AM »
Arena caps are a pain when the unlimited cap change over to the primetime cap limit around 1pm est or so. That is when you see the 170/100 and 32/150 settings for the servers.

Otherwise, I don't see the big deal. Personally, HTC could really change the whole dynamic of the game by adding zone ENY with a steeper curve. This way, you couldn't take 50 guys to take a base.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2009, 10:38:57 AM »

People I have talked to, email, personal discussions over the last year.

We've lost a lot of log term vets over the last year because of it.

Statement is fact.

ROX

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2009, 12:30:07 PM »

Statement is fact.

Sorry, I don't agree. What do you have to base that on? We lose people for various reasons. If there was a flight from the game in masses because of one single issue you can bet that issue would be changed.

There are many reasons why people leave, and return. Family, finances, burn-out, something changed in their life that doesn't permit it, some simply whine their way out of it (people you will never please). While they will deny burn-out they will look for a reasons. Some people quit the game like some people quit smoking. Blame it on whatever you choose, but it will continue as it always has. Next month it will be a different reason to blame it on.

People threatening to leave based on one issue is one way it won't be changed... "I'll leave if you don't change this..." has been a daily thing for well over a decade, in most games, and mostly ignored by habit.

If you know what's wrong you must know what's right. If you know what's right you have the right answer to fix it... I don't see many people offering very many working ideas. We can't just keep flipping switches to change the game, what you like may disturb many others. It's like growing a biosphere, do one thing wrong and the whole thing implodes, it's not very forgiving on mistakes. It's a science. Somethings are done based on limits. There MAY be reason why it can't be changed.

In a nut shell, the game works, I can fly, and I try to kill, and I have fun doing it. No matter if the cap changes or not.

IMO
Animl

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:31:47 PM by Animl »
Animl (from the ashes of Air Warrior nation) http://home.comcast.net/~animl/

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2009, 12:46:21 PM »
Is there really a difference between the two servers? I've never noticed.

I'd say there is a noticeable difference. whenever I go to Blue it seems to be mostly guys who have found Orange too hectic/difficult/confusing plus the few guys actually looking for a fight because they couldnt get into Orange. whatever your various definitions of dweeby are, there seems to be more of it in Blue. ymmv.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2009, 01:25:23 PM »
Ya know, both in-game and on email, squad forums, off AH squad websites, people actually do communicate to others about things.  The game, their jobs, their family, a number of things.  Crazy isn't it?  People actually use the internet to send messages and communicate?  Who'd a thunk it?

Of those that email or PM--only a few have mentioned ecenomic reasons.  One said his wife thought he was playing too much.  But all of the rest cited the arena caps and being thrown into the sewer that is Blue. 

People want to play with those they know and their squaddies.  When they get locked out, and end up in a situation where they are grossly outnumbered and it's the Alamo every night--who can blame them for dropping their subs and going to another game?

Don't believe me? I personally could care less.

One business rule still rings true--if you don't service the customers you already have--they WILL go away.

ROX

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2009, 01:29:26 PM »
So in your circle of people you communicate with, it's the number 1 reason. 

That's fine, I can live with that.  I was just curious how you could speak for the entire community.

I do note that in your 17 man squad, every last one of them has played this month.  Things can't be that bad if they have found reasons to continue playing :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 01:32:16 PM by Guppy35 »
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2009, 01:37:31 PM »
Ya know, both in-game and on email, squad forums, off AH squad websites, people actually do communicate to others about things.  The game, their jobs, their family, a number of things.  Crazy isn't it?  People actually use the internet to send messages and communicate?  Who'd a thunk it?

Of those that email or PM--only a few have mentioned ecenomic reasons.  One said his wife thought he was playing too much.  But all of the rest cited the arena caps and being thrown into the sewer that is Blue. 

People want to play with those they know and their squaddies.  When they get locked out, and end up in a situation where they are grossly outnumbered and it's the Alamo every night--who can blame them for dropping their subs and going to another game?

Don't believe me? I personally could care less.

One business rule still rings true--if you don't service the customers you already have--they WILL go away.

ROX

My lord you are a drama queen.

Whether the subscriptions have gone up enough to warrant a higher arena cap for posterities sake, is up to the people that run the game.  Any questions and/or comments you have should be directed AT THE PEOPLE THAT RUN THE GAME.  This BBS whine "cuz I want it my way and I don't want to act like an adult about it" crap needs to be stopped.  Issues like this should be directed with personal emails to HITECH, not an open call to arms on the BBS. A serious phone call or email about it might lend some weight to your thoughts.  Flailing your arms and legs screaming "mommy mommy mommy" won't get any reception.

My god man, you want your binky?  IT's A GAME. 

I'm so happy your world is not cluttered by life, that you can cry about this.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2009, 01:42:34 PM »
maybe different arena's should cost a different monthly fee to get in?

blue $15.00/month
orange $30.00/month
MA $50.00/month

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2009, 01:44:24 PM »
Was wondering where he got that info too. My guess is the same place he gets most his info.........

You mean where the Sun don't shine?

Honestly, what 'long time vet' quit because of the arena caps and/or ENY? 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2009, 01:47:10 PM »
  Being a long time subscriber (so long I can't remember when I joined) I have seen AH grow from it's infancy with country rosters in the dozens (not hundreds) and one arena. HTC has constantly improved and the numbers on line every night is a measurement of their success. Many times one arena will be full and I've never had a problem finding a good fight in the other. I check back a few times when the numbers fall in the other arena and get in if I want.

Don't sweat the small stuff.  :D
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2009, 01:53:28 PM »
People I have talked to, email, personal discussions over the last year.

Statement is fact.

ROX

I've been here for quite some time and I have seen nothing that points to what you are claiming. I have seen some leave because of deteriorating game play (in their opinion), burn out, sickness in family and many other things in life but none in regards to eny or arena limits.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 01:58:18 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2009, 01:56:15 PM »
Rox: The only fact you state is that you have talked to people who say that have left because of the arena limit.

There is no other fact in anything you say.

Do you really believe we are so naive as to not see , listen, look at all option possible, and that we do not monitor when and why people leave , how the current economics effect us.

The real facts are that, more people were leaving because of over crowding in 1 arena then leave because of the arena split.

The fact is this is not a small number of customers we now have because we made the split.

The split is not going to go away, the only thing that can changed based on new ideas is how the arena split is performed.

HiTech