Author Topic: Film Viewer Fubar  (Read 348 times)

Offline 100Tech

• Zinc Member
Film Viewer Fubar
« on: May 03, 2009, 11:00:32 PM »
Hey all,
     My film viewer is not really functioning for some reason, it is extremely twitchy, very low frame rate so it seems to have something very wrong with it.  I cannot find the single file for reinstalling it, it has worked in the past before the patch came out.  I'm trying to avoid reinstalling the entire game so it would be great if anyone can give me a link for the file or any other advice would work.

I am using vista and my settings work very well while in game, except for getting shot down like it was cool.  I've seen issues in the forum with the viewer but I didn't find any responses. 

Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
100Tech 

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Film Viewer Fubar
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 11:15:27 PM »
Every time I use the Film Viewer it's always "jumpy" or "bouncy."  It's never a smooth flight trail like I see in the MA.  So I think we're experiencing the same problem.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline 100Tech

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 11:33:29 PM »
Guess so, it's very jumpy, can't really play anything at all on it.  Hopefully someone will clue us in :pray

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 05:50:57 AM »
You are not going to get the performance in the film viewer that you would in the game as DirectX running in a window is much slower than running full screen.  Typically, it means you have the game settings set to high for your computer.

A really good performance guage.  If you adjust the game settings to run the film viewer well, the game should run very smoothly in almost all circumstances.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 08:12:04 AM »
I'm not sure if this would help, simply a suggestion.

Ensuring that AH is installed to a different folder such as: C:\games\ as opposed to: C:\Program Files\ might help resolve a few problems.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline 100Tech

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 10:31:52 AM »
Thanks Skuzzy and Denholm for your input.  I did the simplest thing first and moved the AHII location from my external onto my C:drive into the games folder, and it works now!  Don't know why, but it just does  :rock  I thank you both very much and it is appreciated.

Thanks a bunch,
100Tech

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 11:03:11 AM »
Glad it works. Have fun.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.