Author Topic: Goodbye  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Goodbye
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2009, 04:44:27 PM »
One vultch, luckily it was you...figured you'd whine on 200 about it.  I think that's the first time I've vulched in a while..only cause i was with the BoPs and had to fight all 30 of them for a kill  :D

Pot..kettle...black.  If not, you wouldn't have even posted that post  :aok  Anyone else?

Hardly, have you seen any threads I've started saying I was leaving, or complaining about the game play like I'm above it all?
We're looking at you Banshee so soak it up. :lol

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2009, 08:19:08 PM »
again......get the arenas down to around 100 players (or less) on small maps and you will have improved gameplay experience.  Of course, that aint gonna happen, just saying.

I hope not. The last time we had arena's of less than 100 the game closed it's doors.

If you can't find a decent fight then you're to lazy to find one.

Ren

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2009, 10:47:21 PM »
Hardly, have you seen any threads I've started saying I was leaving, or complaining about the game play like I'm above it all?

You are an absolute idiot that lacks reading comprehension skills.  And that's as nice as I can put it.

I just wanted to say goodbye to the decent fights in AH....they are very rare nowadays

NOWHERE in this post did I even IMPLY that I was leaving

If you can't find a decent fight then you're to lazy to find one.

Yeah ok...I've tried flying into full red dar bars, small ones, even green/red, more green than red...you name it. 

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:49:46 PM by Banshee7 »
Tours 86 - 296

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2009, 10:52:17 PM »
Had an amazing stall fight a month or two ago, it was fantastic. The link for the video is somewhere in my siggy.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2009, 12:23:40 AM »
He's not quitting, just complaining.

I kinda agree, things sure seem different.  I have to join NOE missions to have any fun anymore.  Once in a while I have some fun in a p51 with my bro..

The days of me flying a ki84 into several battles are gone now.

Everything is p51, 190 up HIGH, - p47 raids...NOE raids, or carrier based slug fests.

No more push-pull.  Very little surprise encounters with epic battles..

Sigh..

Maybe it's just us?

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2009, 02:01:32 AM »

Everything is p51, 190 up HIGH, - p47 raids...NOE raids, or carrier based slug fests.

It's not nice to talk about Rooks like that  :noid  Wait! It's not just the Rooks up high anymore!
It sounds like folks are finally goin up to meet em iso waiting for them to come down to die.  :lol

Actually when you think about it. There is nothing like a nice really high fight. The air is thin and crisp and the planes require you actually fly them. Sweet!

Ren

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2009, 02:40:25 AM »
You are an absolute idiot that lacks reading comprehension skills.  And that's as nice as I can put it.

Lighten up Banshee.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2009, 02:43:48 AM »
It's not nice to talk about Rooks like that  :noid  Wait! It's not just the Rooks up high anymore!
It sounds like folks are finally goin up to meet em iso waiting for them to come down to die.  :lol

Actually when you think about it. There is nothing like a nice really high fight. The air is thin and crisp and the planes require you actually fly them. Sweet!

Ren

he did mention 3 20k+ fighters. Im usually at 15k myself. Bad rooks, like their the only ones plz.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2009, 09:16:32 AM »
Lighten up Banshee.

Let him go Slash, he's out of ammo and has to start name calling.
You titled the thread GOODBYE Banshee to rope people into think you're were leaving.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 09:21:21 AM by Shifty »

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2009, 09:19:09 AM »
Let him go Slash, he's making my point for me. :lol

I reiterate my point, too.  :aok
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2009, 09:23:21 AM »
You have no point.
If you can't find a good fight that's your fault. If you need to title a thread to sound like you're leaving to get some attention that's also your problem.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2009, 09:47:53 AM »
If you can't find a good fight that's your fault.

How so?  I can't control what the other players are going to do.
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2009, 09:58:54 AM »
Just asking...

Why do you need to control what the other players are doing to have a good fight?

I know the arena is full of one pass and run wonders along with the HO kings. I don't get to fly much but it's rare I don't run across somebody
that just wants to fight. One of those on the edge of stalling and dropping into the trees sweaty palm fights. For all the bad stuff in AH the good stuff far out wieghs it in my book.
I've been here since 2001 and to be honest I'm having more fun now than I have in years. It also may be due to my flying time is cut drastically from years ago and i make a point of just enjoying the time I get to fly. Just my opinion but if the game sucked as bad as people say it does, the place would be empty.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2009, 04:34:39 PM »
Just asking...

Why do you need to control what the other players are doing to have a good fight?

I know the arena is full of one pass and run wonders along with the HO kings. I don't get to fly much but it's rare I don't run across somebody
that just wants to fight. One of those on the edge of stalling and dropping into the trees sweaty palm fights. For all the bad stuff in AH the good stuff far out wieghs it in my book.
I've been here since 2001 and to be honest I'm having more fun now than I have in years. It also may be due to my flying time is cut drastically from years ago and i make a point of just enjoying the time I get to fly. Just my opinion but if the game sucked as bad as people say it does, the place would be empty.

:aok :aok
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2009, 04:55:31 PM »
I don't get to fly much but it's rare I don't run across somebody that just wants to fight.

Tada!  I don't fly as much as I used to either.  I can remember being a n00b and happy about landing 3 kills no matter how I got 'em.  But now as I've progressed and actually gained some skill I look forward to having actual drag-out, knock-down fights.  The encounter that persuaded me to start this thread was as follows:

Headed to a friendly base in a Dora, full red dar bar and all the cons were coming in high, so I take off from less than a sector away to get some alt.  Level at 13k, which is higher than I'm usually found.  I encounter a Jug right as I level out, so I was low on speed and co-alt.  I started to set up for a nice turn/stall fight (YES, a TURN fight in a Dora against a more maneuverable plane).  First pass he misses the HO as I dive under and to my right.  As stated before, the Jug being a more maneuverable plane than the Dora, any pilot with any kind of knowledge of using flaps could've easily come around on me and get a nice 90degree deflection shot....but of course I ran into one that couldn't.  So here I am, coming off the top of a loop doing about 80mph when I find a Jug coming head on with me.  Sure enough he fires, i don't as I frantically try to dodge it and hopefully cut inside his next turn and pop him one good time in the cockpit.  NOPE!  Engine hit and he collided with me.  Come to find out it was not a complete n00b and actually someone that's been around for a few months, if not a year.

Was I frustrated about dying against a more maneuverable plane with more speed than I?  No.

Was I frustrated about the collision?  No, it happens.

Was I frustrated about someone going for the HO and not actually trying to use their aircraft to it's limits to win the fight?  Dang right I was.  I see it SO often.  I like to fly "lesser" planes into furballs or base defense, or even attack runs in hopes of getting into a nice, challenging fight.  And what also makes me so sick of it is when you try to, at first, nicely point out where they can improve or what's frowned upon, they decide to be smart alecs saying "I'm not the one dead quit whining."
Tours 86 - 296