Author Topic: A DDR3 question  (Read 873 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: A DDR3 question
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 02:06:10 PM »
You do not want to install the game in the "Program Files" folder in Vista or Windows 7.  It will eventually come back to bite you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 475FG Savlan

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.475FG.com
Re: A DDR3 question
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 11:58:07 PM »
Well, its been over 2 years and I aint been bit yet :)

Ive been using AH in its default install on Vista Ultimate 32 bit since the first day it came out. Never have had any issues except for the very first downloading of an update, which showed me that it was required to launch the game under XP compatibility mode as an administrator.  But Im a former sys admin and recognize not everyone is computer savvy, so as Skuzzy suggests going into the games folder would work better for most ( and make his job easier :) )    :salute

Now Im doing my own testing of Win 7 RC1 64 bit, since MS is offering it with a expiration into 2010.  The game works flawlessly so far in Win 7/64...Win 7 upon install recognised my Matrox multi monitor setup too.
Boot times are quite fast too. Im dual booting into Win7 regularly now to do all my computing, its noticably faster than a fresh install of Vista...and with 64 bit I picked up a additional half a gig of memory that the old 32 bit architecture couldnt address. 

Its looking like Win 7 is what Vista 'shoulda been'...they should have just kept XP until this was ready. 
PUDGY
475th Fighter Group - Satans Angels
www.475FG.com