Author Topic: Fighter Ace - don' t bother  (Read 426 times)

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
Fighter Ace - don' t bother
« on: May 31, 2009, 12:45:01 PM »
Just in case you were feeling frisky and wanted to try Fighter Ace, I would recommend against it.  You will just waste 30 mins of your life.

I can't express how disappointed I was in this game.  I heard good things about it, figure I would see what they had vs Aces High 2.

If possible, the graphics in that game are no where near as good as AH2.   More over, it's basically an arcade game.  Worse, they actually charge $15/month to play it lol.  It's an arcade game with a few people playing at any given time (Sunday mid day,...I saw MAYBE 3 people). 

I did like their plane briefing and slider controls for convergence..EVERYTHING else was bad bad bad.

Again, save your time and money (although they have a free trial available) and stick to AH2.

:)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fighter Ace - don' t bother
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 02:16:57 PM »
 :aok that's just what i thought too.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 02:22:49 PM »
they might aswell close up shop,  they didnt have enough players 4 years ago let alone now.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 08:32:41 PM »
 I tried FA a few years ago. Wasn't worth the time to download. Tried it a few months ago. Same thing. Waste of time. Along the same line I played WB before AH and it was nearly dead when I left. It isn't even close to AH. Their WW1 game has a couple of flyable planes and while overall its a disappointment, it can be fun for a short time.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 08:15:40 AM »
When I last played it the best thing they had going was there strat system. Other than that in 1999-2001 when they has TONS of people playing online.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"