Author Topic: Isn't this against the rules?  (Read 1155 times)

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
Re: Isn't this against the rules?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 11:48:33 PM »
What squads are those HiTone? I can't help but wonder what squads you think get away with bending or breaking the rules and what squads don't.

68th Lighting Lancers are one of the most respected squads in FSO and Aces High. When I saw it was a 68th pilot I "knew" it would be dealt with by 68Falcon or 68Raptor. To suggest or hint otherwise is ludicrous, or ignorant.

Nice try ddog, you had the ability to see who it was before you posted, I did not, so I will claim your suggestion of ignorance on my part. I too know the 68th is of the highest caliber, and when I saw then name I "knew" it would be a handled as well.

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 11:59:47 PM »
Nice try ddog, you had the ability to see who it was before you posted, I did not, so I will claim your suggestion of ignorance on my part. I too know the 68th is of the highest caliber, and when I saw then name I "knew" it would be a handled as well.

The name was posted two posts before your first, making this an incorrect statement.  I am assuming that you just may not have seen the name.  In any case, it's been dealt with.   :salute
"Hello, Newman."

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 06:41:12 PM »
Gentlemen,

Firstly, we'd like to apologize for the above incident. It was a clear violation of the FSO rules.

The 68th Lightning Lancers strive to set ourselves the highest standards in terms of staying within both the letter and the spirit of the rules in both the MA and Special Events. Doing so is a basic requirement for membership of the squad. Clearly, on this occasion, we failed to meet those standards.

We have satisfied ourselves that the player involved was not aware of the specific rule regarding towering out, however that does not excuse us, as the leadership of the squad from ensuring all members are aware of the rules. Both the specific player, and the squad membership at large, have been reminded of their duty to be fully aware of the general FSO rules and specific frame instructions, and of the squad leaderships' expectations that we will meet them.

Well said and thank you Falcon. :salute

When I saw this was a 68th pilot I too knew it would be dealt with!
   sorry if I came across abit harsh.

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 08:20:34 PM »
morfiend there is no need to apologize. Your frustration with the incident is proof that you and others like you care about the event. Furthermore you are right, in that, if this pilot does break another rule he will be removed from FSO and more then likely from the 68th Lightning Lancers.

It is an FSO policy to let the CO know of an infraction and have it handled within the squad. A second infraction can cause suspension from the event.
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 08:57:58 PM »
 :salute
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 10:09:40 PM »
Didn't know oakranger was talking about the same guy. No worries  :salute

...is it friday yet?

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 12:32:48 AM »
Falcon, once again you show that you, and by your association, the AK's are a class act to be followed.

...However, if bailing over friendly territory you should have the option of walking to the nearest friendly base. 
   :aok
If they bailed over 'friendly' turf, the base wouldn't be flashing, now would it... and thence not a violation.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 06:30:20 PM »
morfiend there is no need to apologize. Your frustration with the incident is proof that you and others like you care about the event. Furthermore you are right, in that, if this pilot does break another rule he will be removed from FSO and more then likely from the 68th Lightning Lancers.

It is an FSO policy to let the CO know of an infraction and have it handled within the squad. A second infraction can cause suspension from the event.

:salute A class act for sure!

Offline marcdsm

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 11:18:46 AM »
Agreed,
The Lancers have always conducted themselves with the upmost dignity and professionalism.
I too knew that the issue would be handled internally in a timely manner.

This does bring up the fact that maybe we all should go over and reinforce the rules and what is expected from our squad pilots who participate in FSO.