Author Topic: 5-20-09 Wendsday Night Mission  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: 5-20-09 Wendsday Night Mission
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 08:08:32 AM »
Uh...  Like I asked before...  Isn't killshooter turned ON in AvA...  In other words, I don't think it is possible for a friendly bomber to blow your wing off...  Now, maybe you shot the friendly bomber and killshooter got you.  Or maybe you were hit by some puffy ack or something.

As for the AvA event.  I was flying a formation of B17s.  The flight was fairly fun, but from my point of view the Axis defense wasn't very organized.  Seemed like we got a fighter or two at a time at the most.  More fighters coming into the bomber boxes all together might have been more exciting.  For me, jury is still out on whether or not I will make a habit of attending AvA events.

Killshooter is on.  It's been years since we were permitted to turn it off.

Good to see you're keeping an open mind, look forward to having you in there more often while you assess things.

I missed the mission - it was all over by the time I got there - so how about some AARs?

- oldman

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 08:09:15 AM »
The mission was fun, but the fights after were better.  <<S>> all that were there tonight.

That was amazing A-20 flying, Tec.

- oldman

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 08:11:02 AM »

wtg on bringing people in Larry

Thank Jaeger and Kayara for that. They recruited most of the people that showed up.

Uh...  Isn't kilshooter ON in the AvA?

Yes kill shooter is on.

As for the AvA event.  I was flying a formation of B17s.  The flight was fairly fun, but from my point of view the Axis defense wasn't very organized.  Seemed like we got a fighter or two at a time at the most.  More fighters coming into the bomber boxes all together might have been more exciting.  For me, jury is still out on whether or not I will make a habit of attending AvA events.

This week was different then any other of our missions. Most of the time they know from what direction we are coming from. We saw them on radar most of the night and looks like the main group expected us from the east with a few scouts at some other places. When they did spot us they were all spread out and since those planes aren't as fast as they had trouble getting in a group ahead of us. When we have an ETO setup you'll see what kind of hell the axis can unleash.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Ponyace

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 08:30:14 AM »

Yes kill shooter is on.

Ok, my bad. :(

I couldn't tell who was shooting at who with the N1k shooting at the buffs, me shooting at the N1k, and the buffs shooting back. All this took place within 200 yrds.

Still, it was fun :aok
Gatore
Formerly "Ponyace"

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 05:57:10 PM »
JG2 Had a great time last night. :salute

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2009, 08:46:30 PM »
Ok, my bad. :(

I couldn't tell who was shooting at who with the N1k shooting at the buffs, me shooting at the N1k, and the buffs shooting back. All this took place within 200 yrds.

Still, it was fun :aok
Heh, I got kilt by you, I assumed you WERE the buff I was shooting at (KI84 at the time)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/