Author Topic: An objective look at "fishy" flying  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Re: An objective look at "fishy" flying
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2009, 07:25:32 PM »
They assured me that there was an occasional bug where it appeared that the wing was missing and the plane was still able to fly.  You, moot, were shooting me down in my 110G and I was oblivious to the damage I was taking.

I got that one once. The only reason I know it my squaddies told me I was flying with one wing, from their perspective.....until the damage packets caught up with me. Then I heard a hellacious racket and blew up. I have a good DSL connection too.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2009, 09:14:30 PM »
Blowing up is overrated... just like landing :P

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2009, 09:23:34 PM »
Blowing up is overrated... just like landing :P

:rofl
Great  balls of fire!
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2009, 05:47:47 AM »
Lynx, speaking of which, I do have a pimple on me bootox as it happens.

:D ;)

Wurzel

I'm afraid its terminal cancer you have 24 hrs to live.  Be sure to give Aunt Sally one before you go and remember me in your will.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2009, 06:52:04 AM »
I get accused of cheating an awful lot.  Although its bogus and totally unfunded I'm getting a tad  :noid
about it.  I'm getting to think that maybe 1 or 2 guys are perpetually spreading the rumour amongst the bish.   They seem most preoccupied by my game play  :lol  Talk about sour grapes..... its being spread along the bish grape vine.  :rolleyes:

Anyways most of me accusers are newbies.  They have little concept of this game and speculating I'd be surprised if any one of them had any qualification or experience as to what a hack is.   What on earth makes these people experts on cheating I just don't have a clue.  What I do know is that their ego is left   :cry  :cry

This particular one is doing the circuit in Bishville right now.  Apparently I'm bullet proof.  I pork bomb in B26's.  Most deadly bomber gun wise as most of you will agree.  3 different guys attack me dead astern at different times within the space of minutes.  They crawl right up to my tail gunner and go bang.  All of them started shoot from 1k out.  Spraying and preying for all their worth.  Although I did take hits (1 engine smoked) I was very much alive.  I get Pm'ed about being bullet proof.  Turns out the accuser had a hit% of less than 3.5 and he expects to hit something 1000 to 800 out ......yer right.  I'd love to meet the fairs at the bottom of his garden. :aok   BTW I was eventually shot down by a guy who knew what he was doing.  None the less .... from this little drama spawns today's Bish Lynx bullet proof theory   :huh  The sad part is other Bish are believing this complete load of bollox.  Blind leading the blind.

I think the best one is where I was supposed to have 2 different accounts and I got range on the enemy cruiser only because their gunner called out the range on my cruiser.....if that makes sense.   How did they know it was me ?  Was I on the same part of the map let alone even on a cruiser?

Elvis is alive and well  :noid

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2009, 06:58:09 AM »
LMFAO

"Fricking 152 man. Took me down this low on the ground. He shouldn't be able to keep up with me but he can. That's bull poop." - Mogex

That shows you right there that people who have no clue about things are the ones most likely to cry foul. When the fact of the matter is the Ta152 is faster then the A5 at all alts and can keep up with it in a turn.

Its just like the people in the midwar who cry cheat when I kill them in a 110 or IL2. They think because they cant do the things others do in a plane that that person must be cheating.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2009, 08:13:48 AM »
I will point out that there is something in the film that isn't quite right but it isn't about the players or a "cheat". Notice that at the start, the 152 pushed to over -4g.  Basically AH under models the pilot effects of negative G and because it's designed that way it's not a cheat. I don't have the G specs but, even if -4g isn't beyond the 152 airframe -G limit NO pilot can realistically do that and maintain control.  Physically, a pilot can handle a very short duration -G spike that large, however, he won't stay in his seat doing it.  Yes, I know that aerobatic performers do this sort of thing but they have restraint harnesses specifically designed to hold a pilot down in his seat.  The far simpler harnesses mass produced for fighters (especially in WWII) typically do a lousy job of keeping the pilot down in his seat...

Modern aerobatic X-type four-point harness:

British WWII X-type four-point harness:

Luftwaffe X-type four-point harness:

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2009, 09:45:57 AM »
Hard negative-G dives were also the Luftwaffe's preferred way to escape from a Spitfire during the Battle of Britain since the Spitfire's engine would cut out under negative-G load (fixed after the battle).
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2009, 10:03:08 AM »
I get accused of cheating an awful lot.  Although its bogus and totally unfunded I'm getting a tad  :noid
about it.  I'm getting to think that maybe 1 or 2 guys are perpetually spreading the rumour amongst the bish.   They seem most preoccupied by my game play  :lol  Talk about sour grapes..... its being spread along the bish grape vine.  :rolleyes:

Anyways most of me accusers are newbies.  They have little concept of this game and speculating I'd be surprised if any one of them had any qualification or experience as to what a hack is.   What on earth makes these people experts on cheating I just don't have a clue.  What I do know is that their ego is left   :cry  :cry

This particular one is doing the circuit in Bishville right now.  Apparently I'm bullet proof.  I pork bomb in B26's.  Most deadly bomber gun wise as most of you will agree.  3 different guys attack me dead astern at different times within the space of minutes.  They crawl right up to my tail gunner and go bang.  All of them started shoot from 1k out.  Spraying and preying for all their worth.  Although I did take hits (1 engine smoked) I was very much alive.  I get Pm'ed about being bullet proof.  Turns out the accuser had a hit% of less than 3.5 and he expects to hit something 1000 to 800 out ......yer right.  I'd love to meet the fairs at the bottom of his garden. :aok   BTW I was eventually shot down by a guy who knew what he was doing.  None the less .... from this little drama spawns today's Bish Lynx bullet proof theory   :huh  The sad part is other Bish are believing this complete load of bollox.  Blind leading the blind.

I think the best one is where I was supposed to have 2 different accounts and I got range on the enemy cruiser only because their gunner called out the range on my cruiser.....if that makes sense.   How did they know it was me ?  Was I on the same part of the map let alone even on a cruiser?

Elvis is alive and well  :noid

Well that's funny Lynx as I've been Bish since 2002 and I've never heard that one about you.  I have heard that you sir are a smart-buttocks but never heard that you were a cheater.  Now you may be referring to conversations on CH 200 that I am not privy to as I don't tune it as I don't need to hear all the griefing.  Why let it bother you and why is it that it's always the Bish that are the scum of the game?

All the Best...

Jay
  awDoc1

awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2009, 10:27:13 AM »
Well that's funny Lynx as I've been Bish since 2002 and I've never heard that one about you.  I have heard that you sir are a smart-buttocks but never heard that you were a cheater.  Now you may be referring to conversations on CH 200 that I am not privy to as I don't tune it as I don't need to hear all the griefing.  Why let it bother you and why is it that it's always the Bish that are the scum of the game?

As it goes I spend most my time fighting the bish.  There is a selected few most preoccupied with my where abouts.  Some for legitmate strategic reasons and some just freaked  :lol.  Often see on 200 some bish guy talking to who he thinks is me.  Either being chased or chasing.   That cracks me up  :lol  I just tell em "might be".   

200 is where most allegations arise but I do get a lot of PM's.  The 2 examples  gave were one from Bish...bullet proof theory....speak with bear69 and painless with his uber connection  :lol   The other example was from a knight  chalenge....missing the D from the end of his name if you ask me  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 10:29:04 AM by LYNX »

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2009, 10:59:51 AM »
Hard negative-G dives were also the Luftwaffe's preferred way to escape from a Spitfire during the Battle of Britain since the Spitfire's engine would cut out under negative-G load (fixed after the battle).

But probably not much beyond -1.

And we all know about Hartmann's or Killer Caldwell's escape methods, that probably wasn't as harsh as some of the Neg G maneuvers we see in AHII either

I've been saying we need a more punishing red-out model in the game for quite awhile.

That first pilot whose picture you posted though DH, she's welcome in my cockpit anytime. :aok
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 11:02:29 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2009, 11:15:32 AM »
Negative G tolerance for a typical fit person is -2 to -3 G's sustained. Display pilots typically endure -5 to -7 G's for several seconds.

-Gandhi

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2009, 12:22:34 PM »
Fishy things...

I just logged on for a few quick sorties, and what did I see? A nice "discussion" on Bish countrychannel. Four or five players agreeing with each other that all those "hacks" are BS, how AH is flooded with cheaters, that there are sites you can buy this stuff like "make your plane weigh only 500lbs", so you can pull off "impossible" maneuvers.
I just wonder why I never see those fishy things despite playing 120 hours per month...

Needles to say I didn't recognize the playernames, and when looking up their stats there was no surprise in what I found either. ;)

Of course it's almost impossible to convince those guys of anything else. Cluelessness & paranoia is hard to overcome.

Remember Arther C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Maybe a AH version could be: "Any display of sufficient advanced ACM is indistinguishable from a hack"

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2009, 12:52:17 PM »
Or even  "Any display of sufficient advanced ACM execution is indistinguishable from a hack"

And it's any responsible player's ... duty, to .report people chattering about cheating in the open.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2009, 12:57:03 PM »
 :noid
Atari Lynx
 :noid