Author Topic: Refresh my memory. Why does Hitech not want to add the A-26?  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Refresh my memory. Why does Hitech not want to add the A-26?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 07:11:56 PM »
 Well you percieved wrong, at least with me. I want a medium bomber, a medium bomber capable enough to be another perked bomber. And barring that I'd be thrilled to see the TU-2  added. I like fast medium bombers/raiders.
I may be wrong (but I think not!) in suspecting that the people who want the A26 are not people who really want another medium bomber.  I perceive that the A26 proponents are really people who want to fly a bomber like a fighter.  That's fine and a fun thing to do, but it doesn't have a lot to do with WWII.  From the historical perspective (mine!) there are lots more planes we need in early- and mid-war, not to mention Japanese and Russian fronts at all times, as Hajo points out.

- oldman
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 11:28:27 PM »
To make scenarios and fso events more complete more early war aircraft are needed imho.

Mid war also.   There have been many lists posted.  Japanese aircraft are short changed.  Russian also.

Planes like the He111,Ju52, Pe2, another Japanese fighter or two and Betty Bomber, same with the russian planeset.

The US and Brit aircraft stable is sizable already.  Same with the LW and British planeset.

There are scads of aircraft latewar already with some that had only 90 aircraft in service (Ta152).

Same with the C-Hog.

Let's fill some glaring holes before we put more uberstuffen in the MA for the run and gunners.

But...but...Hajo, we neede the bestest, latest and greatest cartoon aeroplanes.  What is this history you speak of? :huh
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 12:38:13 AM »
I remember when the "fill the plane set cause Im so good" crowd was crowing for the P-39. They didnt mean they would actually fly it, they just wanted it because they are soo good they would be uber if they "wanted" to fly it. Did I say that right?

The P-39 turned out to be the biggest drag Queen since before the AIDs outbreak. What a waste!

Heres a break down of last tours kills and deaths per arena. Early war, 6791 kills - 7541 deaths. Mid war, 39,736 kills - 42,776 deaths. Late war, 649,588 kills - 685,629 deaths. Thats a total of 1,432,061 K/Ds for all the arenas of which LW got 1,335,217, EW 14,332, MW 82,512. So now where would you focus new airplanes on what arena? Not that its matters for the poor ole P-39, which is a Queen in all of the arenas. I guess players like being able to see in back of them.

The B-25H has some uses but its generally a Queen too. Funny but the earlier in the war you go the Queenier it gets. The bomber game is generally controlled by the bomb and bail crowd anyways. God forbid we get a perked bomber players will actually land after dumping their eggs. :lol The JU-88 posts a K/D of 0.12 LW, 0.17 MW, 0.27 EW, and you want the bomber it replaced........exactly why again? :huh

Sound thinking.
But...but...Hajo, we neede the bestest, latest and greatest cartoon aeroplanes.  What is this history you speak of?
Well maybe the criteria should be, "cartoon airplanes people will actually fly". Works for me.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 02:38:14 AM »
A good way to get things added is to criticize the previous actions and decisions of those doing the adding.

How to make friends and influence people.  "I can't believe you gave us that CRAP.  Give us this now."

I'm sure you are eagerly anticipating the Brewster Buffalo.  Can't hardly wait.

:aok

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 02:46:32 AM »
I remember when the "fill the plane set cause Im so good" crowd was crowing for the P-39. They didnt mean they would actually fly it, they just wanted it because they are soo good they would be uber if they "wanted" to fly it. Did I say that right?

The P-39 turned out to be the biggest drag Queen since before the AIDs outbreak. What a waste!
How about an F-16 then? I bet it would be used.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 03:27:39 AM »

Strange, when the debate for the P-39 was raging, I don't recall anyone posting anything like that in favor of getting the P-39.  The main argument was that it filled a gap needed in the EW and MW planesets and for scenarios.  The P-39 gets its fair share of use in the MW arena as does the B-25H which is used quite frequently in the anti-GV roll, which it excels at.  YMMV.

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 04:13:35 AM »
Hey Rich fly in the SEA and youll see why the P39 was a great add on and why we need more early/mid war 'hanger queens'.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline MotleyCH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 04:41:27 AM »
I think the A-26 will be added eventually...just a matter if time.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 08:19:24 AM »
The P39 and B25 are being used extensively in FSOs and Scenarios.  That is why they were requested.

A few FSOs ago our squad was tasked with flying the P39.  It did fairly well in it's timeframe.

Our chief combatant was the A6M2.  Our squad did well in the P39.

For those of you who don't participate in FSO or Scenarios aircraft that are used are from the same timeframe

of the War.  And to boot they were actual combatants (not D9s against Ta152s and K4s) as in the MA.

Early war and axis vs. allied have matching planesets from the same time frame.

As I said before...MA is uberstuffen run and gunner heaven.  Yup....I fly there chiefly. 

But I fly the Jug 99% of the time for the challenge of fighting the uberstuffen runandgunnerz!  :O   And yes....bring on the Beaufighter!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:21:36 AM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 11:30:27 AM »
If you read my post then you must have noticed I wasnt criticizing the folks at AH. I was criticizing the players who were screaming for the P-39, "probably none of whom now fly it". :D And if their littles feelings are hurt then "gee" I'm sorry.

I dont even think the P-39 is that awful an airplane. We just needed a lot of others more. As in "ones people actually would use". It just seems like the entire P-39 thing grew and grew with the very few who really wanted it and the legions of sycophants who just wanted to fit in. I said a few things against it and got leaped on by the drones who ended up never even flying the thing. Or, flew it once after looking rearward. :lol

Larry I do fly in the SEA. Not as much as I like cause I have to get up so early. But Kudos to all of you who put up those special events. You do a great job. :salute My time however, and time frames, are somewhat limited and I prefer to spend them in the MA with my squad, "as I suppose most of you do too". And as grand as the events are they only make up a small part of actual playing time in the game here. Lets face reality.

I'm not even saying we shouldn't get early to mid war planes, "I spend most of my time in a 240 mph bomber", and would love to see them all in. That and I appreciate the other things that upgrades brought, "T-34, WS, IL-2"....ect But we still need another perk bomber, uber or not, before we need another 1939 spitfire in the IAR-80, or some other airplane 95% of the player base would never ever fly. "Uber" is relative anyways, and there are plenty of airplanes that would ruin the A-26s day. Including some high eny ones.

Besides its already been proven "uber-ness" is controlled by eny and perk price. Lets face it, even the mighty 262 isnt much of a concern in the MAs so why would the 26s be?

I'll go on to add we only have one representative of a CV base plane for one of the greatest seapowers of all time. I'll bet a Brit CV based striker like the http://www.warbirdalley.com/firefly.htm would get a ton of use in the MAs. AND fill a hole in plane sets.

Anyway go ahead and disagree. Its your right as much as mine and I'll respect your opinion even if I dont agree with it. :salute

A good way to get things added is to criticize the previous actions and decisions of those doing the adding.

How to make friends and influence people.  "I can't believe you gave us that CRAP.  Give us this now."

I'm sure you are eagerly anticipating the Brewster Buffalo.  Can't hardly wait.

:aok

wrongway
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 11:43:12 AM by Rich46yo »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 12:05:30 PM »
The 262 isn't a concern in the MA only because of its perk price.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 01:44:38 PM »

Waste of what?

I think I was put off by this attitude and the thread title itself.  Lots of negativity and throwing accusations where none are needed with,
Why does Hitech not want to add....

Everyone must be stupid to have wanted the P-39 added....

You know the "you attract more flies with honey" analogy, right?

That's all.  Adding the A-26 would be nice but I'm not going to get my panties all in a wad in the  interim.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 02:09:09 PM »

Waste of what?

"Resources that could have been used to model an airplane people will actually fly". I need to explain this to you?

I think I was put off by this attitude and the thread title itself.  Lots of negativity and throwing accusations where none are needed with,
Everyone must be stupid to have wanted the P-39 added....

Kinda touchy aintya? Panties in a wad? You over-sensitive types do love to qoute things the other guy never said. Here wait a minute,
Everyone must be stupid to have wanted the P-39 added...
OK, now your covered.

You know the "you attract more flies with honey" analogy, right?

WTF does that mean? just post an opinion and have done with it. None of us are running for higher office here.

That's all.  Adding the A-26 would be nice but I'm not going to get my panties all in a wad in the  interim.

I am. Im so upset Im going to go scream on vox. This is all very serious stuff here. :huh

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 03:13:14 PM »
I may be wrong (but I think not!) in suspecting that the people who want the A26 are not people who really want another medium bomber.  I perceive that the A26 proponents are really people who want to fly a bomber like a fighter.  That's fine and a fun thing to do, but it doesn't have a lot to do with WWII.  From the historical perspective (mine!) there are lots more planes we need in early- and mid-war, not to mention Japanese and Russian fronts at all times, as Hajo points out.

- oldman
Well, the A-20 was a bomber, and was also given the designation of P-70 and flown like a really big fighter....remind me why we shouldn't use it in its historical role?
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2009, 03:50:03 PM »
If you read my post then you must have noticed I wasnt criticizing the folks at AH. I was criticizing the players who were screaming for the P-39, "probably none of whom now fly it". :D And if their littles feelings are hurt then "gee" I'm sorry.

I dont even think the P-39 is that awful an airplane. We just needed a lot of others more. As in "ones people actually would use". It just seems like the entire P-39 thing grew and grew with the very few who really wanted it and the legions of sycophants who just wanted to fit in. I said a few things against it and got leaped on by the drones who ended up never even flying the thing. Or, flew it once after looking rearward. :lol

Larry I do fly in the SEA. Not as much as I like cause I have to get up so early. But Kudos to all of you who put up those special events. You do a great job. :salute My time however, and time frames, are somewhat limited and I prefer to spend them in the MA with my squad, "as I suppose most of you do too". And as grand as the events are they only make up a small part of actual playing time in the game here. Lets face reality.

I'm not even saying we shouldn't get early to mid war planes, "I spend most of my time in a 240 mph bomber", and would love to see them all in. That and I appreciate the other things that upgrades brought, "T-34, WS, IL-2"....ect But we still need another perk bomber, uber or not, before we need another 1939 spitfire in the IAR-80, or some other airplane 95% of the player base would never ever fly. "Uber" is relative anyways, and there are plenty of airplanes that would ruin the A-26s day. Including some high eny ones.

Besides its already been proven "uber-ness" is controlled by eny and perk price. Lets face it, even the mighty 262 isnt much of a concern in the MAs so why would the 26s be?

I'll go on to add we only have one representative of a CV base plane for one of the greatest seapowers of all time. I'll bet a Brit CV based striker like the http://www.warbirdalley.com/firefly.htm would get a ton of use in the MAs. AND fill a hole in plane sets.

Anyway go ahead and disagree. Its your right as much as mine and I'll respect your opinion even if I dont agree with it. :salute

True enough Rich. On the P-39's uselessness - I wouldn't go there. About a week ago +Precision got around 15 39Q's up to around 12 or 13k. Myself and another guy in P-38s vs them. It didn't end well for us - but hey, it was nice to see them being used even though they got attritted by Spit16s 5 minutes later!

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$