Author Topic: Very the clouds and weather  (Read 1033 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Very the clouds and weather
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 07:25:14 PM »
I don't mind clouds, even weather if they can do it with out killing frame rates, but to be used as another way to avoid a fight? No thanks, give me bright sunshine so they can't hide, only run.

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 07:20:47 AM »
Thats not "another way to avoid a fight" for majority of players, and even if some do so, it will be ok :why ? Because it happened in wwii air fights. ..75%+ missions in WWII had clouds : its a question of realism : players subscribe to AH because they want to experience as closely as possible WWII air combat : clouds were part of most air combats in WWII, as they have always been. And the same and same and same and same AND SAME blue sky is annoying and too repetitive, it's a big "-" in Ace High game features for potential new customers, compared to all other wwii air combat sims available, that's for sure. :frown:

:salute

I don't mind clouds, even weather if they can do it with out killing frame rates, but to be used as another way to avoid a fight? No thanks, give me bright sunshine so they can't hide, only run.

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2015, 02:02:53 PM »
I would love to see parts of the map where clouds are at 5000 ft and solid so you can't see through them at all make them 1000 ft thick and you can't even see the ends of your wings when you are in that 1000ft ducking into clouds would mean something. Also you could run missions over or under the cloud deck or in it for that matter.  This is real life reality if your above the clouds your not seeing a plane flying under them.  Rain storms would be cool too.
:airplane: +100 on the clouds, but, just remember, a lot these guys in here are not IFR pilots, so you would have some crashes for sure. But to add to your point, very few missions were flown over Europe during the winter months. Would be very nice to see towering CB's standing all over the place, but don't think it is going to happen!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 02:29:50 PM »

Are trees a means to avoid a fight for GVs?  It's just another element to take into account in the fight.  Runners going to run no matter what, I just think clouds would add a gameplay element that's lacking in the current game.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 07:56:12 PM »
I once made a thunderstorm for a terrain, complete with flashes of lightening (not pictured).  Never got around to getting it in-game though.

Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus