Author Topic: Flashing Spawn Point  (Read 531 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Flashing Spawn Point
« on: May 22, 2009, 10:40:39 AM »
Can we have an indication like a flashing spawn point when an enemy GV is within a certain distance from it?   The same as if you approach an enemy field or town and it starts to flash. 

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 10:48:31 AM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Flashing Spawn Point
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 10:43:23 AM »
Hello Dadsguns,

I think the flash from a base should be enough to warn of an impending attack.  May ask what purpose this would serve?

Have a great day,

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 11:02:09 AM »
Hey Way,
As it is now, if you spawn out to an enemy field and once you are within a certain range of town or base they will begin to flash giving the indication of an attack on that field. 
What I am suggesting is to have an indication prior to you spawning out to that field that an enemy is within your spawn area at some said distance, so your spawn point arrow would flash giving the indication that an enemy plane or gv is within the spawn area at some determined distance prior to you spawning into that area.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 11:05:26 AM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 11:06:57 AM »
Hey Way,
As it is now, if you spawn out to an enemy field and once you are within a certain range of town or base they will begin to flash giving the indication of an attack on that field. 
What I am suggesting is to have an indication prior to you spawning out that an enemy is within your spawn area at some said distance, so your spawn point arrow would flash giving the indication that an enemy plane or gv is within the spawn area at some determined distance prior to you spawning into that area.

Ah I got ya.  In that case I like the idea.  I despise campers, and have always enjoyed a more fluid than static "wait and see who spawns in front of my gun tank battle".

+1
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 11:13:46 AM »
I don't think it would eliminate campers but it will make it a bit challenging having to be "outside" of the set distance to make the more difficult shot or they will risk disclosing that they are within that range by the flashing arrow.

Offline Swatch

• Copper Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/rtcircus
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 01:02:46 PM »
I think the idea is admirable... but I forsee two problems.

1)   If you're talking about letting everybody see what spawn is flashing, then you're also showing exactly where people are coming from.  If dar is down or planes are below radar, you can't tell which way planes come from... so why should spawns show exactly where the defenders should go to kill the attackers?

2)   If you're talking about JUST letting the attackers know when an enemy is in the area of THEIR spawn, then I think it'll be going off whenever you're attacking that base.  It won't give any clue that its spawn camped or anything.  Also, it will give away any mission taking off from that base, an equally poor gameplay element.
OFFICIALLY AN AEROSPACE ENGINEER AS OF 1PM JUNE 13th!  Goodbye UC, you've been hell.

Proud member of the 364th CHawks, 383rd BG, formerly the RTC.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 01:29:51 PM »
Yes, I agree with swatch. Some spawn points can be located outside the typical ground warning range's radius. And since not everyone knows where the warning will be tripped for the base's associated spawn points it could alert defenders of an impeding attack in the general region of their base thus making the attack somewhat useless.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 01:31:20 PM »
A good "capture the flag for perks" approach to GVing would improve GV game play immensely, IMHO! Oh and removing vehicle icons  :aok

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 02:44:45 AM »
Oh and removing vehicle icons  :aok

You can't see them while on the ground why should you be able to see them from the air, I agree they should remove GV icons :salute
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 03:48:29 AM »

You can't see them while on the ground why should you be able to see them from the air, I agree they should remove GV icons :salute

How do you differentiate the "red" ones?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 04:46:43 AM »

wrongway

You would still be able to see the green ones
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Swatch

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 10:54:09 AM »
You CAN see them at ground level sometimes, but its rather rare situations.  I think they should just reduce the visible range to 1k or less... the current range seems a bit large.  Completely removing them could cause a bit of an issue I would think.

Better yet, It would be nice if the different map tiles had a "Cover" quantity associated.  If the tile is a grass tile or a basically uncluttered tile (like on a base), then make the visibility range further (probably about where it is now).  If the tile is a forest tile, or a 'busy' tile, make the visibility range shorter.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 10:57:08 AM by Swatch »
OFFICIALLY AN AEROSPACE ENGINEER AS OF 1PM JUNE 13th!  Goodbye UC, you've been hell.

Offline 100goon

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 11:25:52 AM »
You CAN see them at ground level sometimes, but its rather rare situations.  I think they should just reduce the visible range to 1k or less... the current range seems a bit large.  Completely removing them could cause a bit of an issue I would think.

Better yet, It would be nice if the different map tiles had a "Cover" quantity associated.  If the tile is a grass tile or a basically uncluttered tile (like on a base), then make the visibility range further (probably about where it is now).  If the tile is a forest tile, or a 'busy' tile, make the visibility range shorter.

i say they remove all icons and turn killshooter off so if you shoot a freindly it will show
Claim Jumpers

Offline Swatch

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 12:18:58 PM »
Either...

A) you're one of those people who will kill his own guys to get a laugh

B) when one of those guys hunts you down and kills you repeatedly, you will whine and complain about it.

That's why killshooter is here to stay.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2009, 05:12:16 PM »
Now there is a good question!!!  I've heard someone say once, about turning icons off....... They way to make it work would be simply to give all aircraft a slight tint, sort of like a glow. (Friendly color designation or Red)  That could work for GV's as well...... From the air only of course. 

wrongway

For the less informed................ Problem with Icons off is that we all fly all planes.  Seeing a Japanese aircraft, sadly, doesn't automatically mean it is an enemy plane.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.