Author Topic: TrackIR views in AHFilm  (Read 315 times)

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
TrackIR views in AHFilm
« on: May 26, 2009, 08:46:09 AM »
I wish AHFilm would record our TrackIR views, so I wouldn't have to secondary software.

Cajunn
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: TrackIR views in AHFilm
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 11:52:22 AM »
Amen! :aok
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 01:51:57 PM »
 :aok  +1!
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 01:55:13 PM »
YES!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 05:08:41 PM »
It's two different programs.  Like asking for AHFilm to record  ventrilo for vox.

You would need a killer computer and run Fraps to record tour flights to get the TrackIR views.  Even better, run AH2, Fraps, and the film recorder all at the same time so you won't miss anything and can edit it all together later.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 05:11:53 PM »
It's two different programs.  Like asking for AHFilm to record  ventrilo for vox.

Wrong analogy.

Ventrilo is indeed a totally ondependent program with no contact to the running AH game.

TrackIR however is an input device, just like a mouse, the joystick buttons (or even the joystick itself).  And just like the hat button is sending the signal "look left" to AH, so does the TrackIr. It's just like a "mouse look", but you move the mouse with your head.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 05:13:26 PM »
I'm not completely familiar with how the two programs mesh together, but it's much more intertwined than that, or else there wouldn't be compatibility issues.

You would need a killer computer and run Fraps to record tour flights to get the TrackIR views.  Even better, run AH2, Fraps, and the film recorder all at the same time so you won't miss anything and can edit it all together later.
Yeah, it would be nice if the FV recorded head views so you didn't have to do what is described. I can't play and run Fraps at the same time.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 05:31:05 PM »
TIR would prolly get the same low-freq sampling as control inputs in the game... Not smooth at all.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 10:00:31 PM »
Wrong analogy.

Ventrilo is indeed a totally ondependent program with no contact to the running AH game.

TrackIR however is an input device, just like a mouse, the joystick buttons (or even the joystick itself).  And just like the hat button is sending the signal "look left" to AH, so does the TrackIr. It's just like a "mouse look", but you move the mouse with your head.

Does the film recors mouse views?  I would think it did.  I assume TrackIR is more independent form AH2 than the mouse as you don't need to calibrate the TrackIR views with AH2, do you?

I'm not familiar with the mechanics of TrackIR within AH2.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay