Author Topic: I need some advice!  (Read 310 times)

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
I need some advice!
« on: May 23, 2009, 11:44:40 AM »
Couldnt delete my last post for some reason so ill try a new one. Im just starting to try to make movies. Ive tried the free version of fraps but it kills my frame rates. I went back to the AH film editor. Couple questions. Whats the best way to take a screen shot from the film? Is Windows movie maker good for putting all the films together or is it just for making slide shows.
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
Re: I need some advice!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 12:15:39 PM »
when I made my movie I used fraps to re-record my ingame film clips. Fraps works pretty good for me, my system is a windows xp with an nvidia geforce 6200 video card. Then I import my fraps clips to windows movie maker and add the clips to the story line. I honestly have not tried anything other than fraps.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 12:46:50 PM »
For taking screenies from films, Fraps is still the way to go, since frame rates aren't an issue with pics.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 01:18:07 PM »
Are you unlimited with screenshots in the free version of fraps.?
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 01:50:54 PM »
I find the best way to get a Screen shot from a film is to pause the film where you want a screen shot, use the video controls to set up the angle you want, press the "View full screen" button, and press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard (above delete and insert). Just move your mouse out of the screen.

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 01:57:16 PM »
I will try that. Thank you :salute
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 02:09:35 PM »
Couldnt delete my last post for some reason so ill try a new one. Im just starting to try to make movies. Ive tried the free version of fraps but it kills my frame rates. I went back to the AH film editor. Couple questions. Whats the best way to take a screen shot from the film? Is Windows movie maker good for putting all the films together or is it just for making slide shows.

How low did your framerates get?  Did planes start to "sutter"?
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 03:28:32 PM »
No. Nothing really funny as far as the planes. You could tell things were a little slower. FR's got in to the 20's and 30's. Usually in the 70's with out.
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 06:18:56 PM »
No. Nothing really funny as far as the planes. You could tell things were a little slower. FR's got in to the 20's and 30's. Usually in the 70's with out.

When you are recording, your framerate will drop to whatever recording fps settings you've selected.  A drop in frame rate is normal.
Time's fun when you're having flies.