Author Topic: in need of a trainer!  (Read 717 times)

Offline starsky15

• Zinc Member
in need of a trainer!
« on: May 23, 2009, 05:02:01 PM »
hello, i've been playing for some time now and think i finally have the *grip* of the game.

I am very interested in the p-51D, 109k-4, and 190A-8. and the p-47N for divebombing. (which i fail at..  :cry )

so, I was hoping maybe theres someone out there that knows at least one of these planes very well (or how to divebomb well) and could spend just a little bit of there time to show me some moves, tricks, maybe what the better standard for the plane may be! :D

As of rite now i only get kills about 50% of the time, and would like to increase this maybe just a little tiny bit, but i think i need more understanding with some of these planes for these are what i mainly fly.

Thank you to all that can help, i will very much appreciate it!

ingame name - shea

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Re: in need of a trainer!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 09:45:41 PM »
Shea, give yourself a little slack. This game has a steep learning curve. You have the right idea to get help from some of the more experienced sticks  but don't be too hard on yourself. There is no  replacement for stick time.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline starsky15

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 04:06:23 AM »
i appreciate your reply, but what exactly do you mean by being to hard on myself?? i honestly dont find that being hard at all, just stating that i would like a trainer to maybe *better* my skills in what i mainly fly.

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 06:31:13 AM »
I think its best to pick a single plane and dedicate to it and fly it all the time.  I know I have this problem too where I get pissed off and switch planes with odd justifications - like when I am in the 9U and running out of ammo, having very little deflection possibilities and crappy balistics I will hop into the 51 and just revel in the sheer power that plane has. . . but when I talley the score. . . I'm actually not doing much better.

It takes real dedication to stick with a plane and try to overcome its shortcommings.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 08:47:35 AM »
If you like I can teach you how to dive bomb, this would include ground vehicles and hangars.

If you wish to learn flying maneuvers you want someone like Steve to guide you hes one of the best in the game.

Offline starsky15

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 03:18:39 PM »
well i wiill definatly take you up on your offer for some dive bomb training  :D you can PM me some info or we could just meet up ingame or something i'm not really sure how this works lol 

as for the other things.. i find myself mostly flying the P-51 75% of the time. but then as Ruah said, i get a little frustrated and switch to something like a 190A-8 where i feel i can blow anything up Lol. but anyways i definatly took that into consideration and am flying the p-51 as my Main fighter, have been for the past few weeks. i find myself learning something about the pony everyday, i suppose thats good?

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 03:44:26 PM »
Strokes

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 05:36:02 PM »
Spend some time in the TA!

If you want to learn how to dive bomb simply load bombs on your favorite A/C and arm them.
 In the TA a computer generated site will show where your bombs will hit,just put in some practice.

:salute

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 08:58:40 PM »
Ok my rule of thumb for dive bombing a hangar is to climb to 10k, nose down on a 45degree, aim slightly past the hangar not much, then release at 4k and zoom out.

Sometimes you have enough rockets on board also so getting the timing of hitting backspace is important.

Its really easy once you go to Training arena the generated bomb indicator will be a green crosshair on the ground underneath you.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 09:05:13 PM »
By Barko:

I Have Been Complemented alot Lately on My Dive Bombing Accuracy. :rock In Fact today I took Out 2 Panzers and A VH all in Just 2 bombs.... Not even half a second Apart. :O

So What's The Secret?
How Is this Possible?

That Gentlemen Is What this Post Is About.
_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ ________
PLANE

I prefer to Use the P-38-J...Our Squad Plane.
ORDNANCE : 2 1000 Pound Bombs. Why that much? 1 of these can take out a tiger or 2 can take out a VH
Rockets Are optional.

I Choose to use the 38 for Multiple reasons.

• Squad Plane
  • 2 Engines (In Case One Dies I Have another one to go on)
  • Awesome Climbing Capability
  • Bombs Drop Accurately (I Will Get to this later)
___________________________________________________________________________________________
GUNSIGHT

My #1 Choice for A Dive Bombing gunsight is this:

(Image removed from quote.)

It's Called the P-38 Gunstar. The Square down below the Sight is For Dive Bombing. The Crosses in the Corners are for Rockets and the Sight in the Middle is for your guns. This Is a great gunsight to use But I only reccomend Putting it on One P-38...The sight is Too Squished in for me to see planes in it...But Whatever you prefer.
(NOTE: You may have to Re-size the Sight for it to show in-game.)
_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ _____
TO DIVE BOMB.

1)Hover around a Base and Look for a tank.

2)When Tank is spotted fly over him about 1.5 K until you are Above him.

3)Go Vertical.

4)Dive down on him at a 90 Degree angle. (NOTE depending on your angle use the Main Middle Sight For Aiming if you are 90 Degrees or The Bomb Sight if you are 80 or 60 or 45...etc)

5)Drop Bomb When He is in your Sight (Check above ^^^)

6)Pull up Sharply

7)Wait for 2 Explosions. 1 for the Bomb hitting the Ground and 2 for the Tank Exploding. :aok

Watch Out For flacks too. Don't dive bomb a field if there are 3 flacks on the Pad or more. Only bomb when Flacks are on the field IF they are all gathered in the VH. :D

Any Questions? Feel Free to post them.

:salute
Barko Edwards
Strokes

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 09:40:20 PM »
 :)
-AoM-