Author Topic: realtek  (Read 391 times)

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
realtek
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:13:07 AM »
I got my new build up and running, However its my first experience messing with the Realtek HD audio i can pop in a c/d and the tunes sound great, clean at all volumes i can use skype yahoo chat whatever and my voice is comming through clear as a bell and i can hear the person im talking to perfectly well. However when im in the game my mic is working fine everyone can hear me clearly but the sounds i hear wether it be squadmembers, people on range channel or even the surrounding sounds such as gun fire planes GV's all of it sounds like i have pillows over my ears.It comes through extremely muffled and i have all volume controls maxed out. has anyone had this problem or Does anyone know what else i can try?? i have all the newest drivers installed for the  ALC889A codec :salute

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: realtek
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 01:03:10 PM »
Just a guess. Have you tried changing environments?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 01:46:02 PM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »
Did you also install a sound controler with the drivers (usually default settings)?  If so click on that and see if there is a setting for voice or vocals.  Check what Hrz your have the sound set at... look for my post in this forum about "Mic Setup in Vista" this may assist with trouble shooting.

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 10:22:11 PM »
Got it figured out i had to uninstall the drivers that came with the mobo drivers disk and redownload the drivers from the previous version works great now.Must be somekind of glitch in the drivers that came with the disk. Thanks for the assist. :salute

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 10:54:18 PM »
Got it figured out i had to uninstall the drivers that came with the mobo drivers disk and redownload the drivers from the previous version works great now.Must be somekind of glitch in the drivers that came with the disk. Thanks for the assist. :salute
Unless I do not have internet access, I never use drivers off the disk.  They're usually a bit out dated by the time they're packaged, shipped, and at your disposal.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either