Author Topic: black screen and stuck that way  (Read 843 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: black screen and stuck that way
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 02:29:21 AM »
Did your kitten manage to chew through the cable? I really doubt the kitten had anything to do with this unless the kitten got shocked, then I might consider that voltage really messed with your computer.

I really am out of ideas. I know that the BSOD is caused by some form of internal system error. Either a driver conflict, bad memory, or another component that is overheating/going bad. So you might want to check the health of your system components (and perhaps even your drivers) before you reformat. Hey, if you fix it we both benefit by learning something new about the computer. ;)

Simply loosened the plug from the socket.

Problem resolved with a reinstall of directX and deletion of the video8 file after a reinstall of AH.  Still using the last known video driver though that didnt cause my system problems.  All seems well.  I suspect (and have had happen once in a blue moon) directX or the video file was corrupted when the power caputed.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 10:25:25 AM »
I'm pretty sure that could have caused your problems. One time DirectX was messed up on my causing a total fallout. Literally everything on my system couldn't run because of some missing file or some form of video processing error. I wouldn't be surprised if a DirectX file got messed up and caused your BSOD.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline noman

• Copper Member
      • http://yahoo.com
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 07:37:15 PM »
Was in flight playng with my ground visual range when screen went black alt f4'd relogged and the plane cache started did that got back in game played with ground visaul range again and it did it again. Removed aces high and reloaded it and on startup was getting a white screen. Came to bbs found the video8 thing and it worked. Thank goodness for bbs  :salute
Quote by Delirium:
Frankly, I'd rather be a fluffer at a gay porcupine film company than be a CM.
God bless the CMs for putting up with this community.
Sic Pups        MA
412th FNVG   FSO