Author Topic: Game booster  (Read 889 times)

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
Game booster
« on: May 23, 2009, 04:49:57 PM »
I use the windows system care these guys made thought I would try the free game booster they advertised
it shuts down everything u dont need with 1 button touch free`ing up ram. Then after done gaming 1 click turns it all back on past 2 days been runnin it seemed to help fps

so here it is thought i would share
Game Booster
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
Re: Game booster
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 06:49:58 AM »
Been using that and the Advanced Windows Care Pro system. Love it, works awesome! Good call TB.  :salute
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline ketinkrad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 08:49:14 AM »
I want to hear from our Tech. people before I try it. Thank You Ketinkrad

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 01:21:15 PM »
As with all these 'boosters' they do nothing but remove the excess overhead that shouldn't be there in the first place.

If I would run that 'booster' on my gaming computer it would do nothing but add 1 extra process on it.  :D
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 02:47:25 PM »
I'm curious to know what it all closes. I myself already have my comp running without most of the excess except what I want.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline llama

• Silver Member
      • http://www.warrenernst.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 07:13:38 PM »
Sounds like what used to be called FSAutoStart, and is now called AlacrityPC, which is free and works well.

-Llama

Interesting server at 69.12.181.171

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 07:54:43 PM »
Well I started using it and havnt had one stutter in the game. Not that my system ran bad anyhow but every now and then, especially around CVs....

I know these processes can be easily shut down anyway. But when I got my new gaming computer I did a gaming mode shutdown on background programs and I had a lot of trouble with it. Dont ask me why or how cause I shut down nothing I havnt done in the past but it kinda un-nerved me from messing with it. Most of all since its so fast the game ran fine in normal mode.

But this Game Booster?? Im a believer. It does nothing magical but it is very handy.

And like I said, even with AH running full bore video-wise? Not a stutter.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 05:20:17 AM »
Well I had just repartitioned, formated, installed XP yesterday (normal yearly maintance)
I had not yet sorted through processes or start menu yet.

Game booster took my 30 processes down to 23 quickly, easily, pain free.
I'd say for those who are afraid to mess with processes, or don't know what they can safely do it makes a viable alternative.

I'll try it for a few days and see how it fly's but it looks pretty decent to me.
If nothing else it makes a pretty decent tool to show people what they can safely shut down, get rid of.

Although in my opinion nothing beats a lean clean machine.
I'd also say that in my opinion its much easier for someone to setup and run than fsautostart.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 05:34:00 AM by Ghosth »

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 08:13:28 AM »
I'm one of those people who don't like to permanently disable services that I may or may not need.  Even after lots of research on individual processes and services, I am still uncomfortable turning them off for good.  I know there are lots of things on Vista that don't need to be there, but I'm not too sure what they are.
I've been using this since TwinBoom's OP and I like it.  The new update to it auto minimizes the program, after you select gaming mode.  Kind of a nice little feature.

Thanks for the link TwinBoom

<S>
Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 11:45:19 AM »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 12:28:49 PM »
I've been using game booster for about 2 months now - very smooth program - zero issues.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 12:49:11 AM »
I've used FSautostart/AlacrityPC and Gamebooster.  I've even closed down processes with the task manager.  I've tweaked my TCP/IP settings.  Sometimes I've tweaked on my machines so much I've killed them (easy to do if you really don't know what you are doing).  My question is how much of a difference in game play does it really make shutting down all those processes running in the background if you are running a fairly high-end machine with plenty of memory?  I've ran the game with as little as 12 processes running and as many as 45.  I can't honestly say I see or feel any difference in game play.  Thats not to say I don't experience crapy game play from time to time but I tend to attribute the problem to the internet during that particular period of time or in some instances I'm simply not on top of my game that day (happens a lot) :P.   

<S>

Grind
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 01:10:12 AM by Grind »
Windows 11 Pro, Z790 UD AX,  i5-13600K, 64 MB DDR5, RTX 4070, Alienware AW3225QF QD-OLED monitor,TrackIr 5, VKB Gunfighter IV, VKB Gladiator NXT EVO Throttle, VKB Mk V Rudder Pedals.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 06:34:36 AM »
Grind, don't take our word for it, test it for yourself.

Just use the same benchmark to test it both with the gamebooster and without.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 08:13:25 AM »
I've used FSautostart/AlacrityPC and Gamebooster.  I've even closed down processes with the task manager.  I've tweaked my TCP/IP settings.  Sometimes I've tweaked on my machines so much I've killed them (easy to do if you really don't know what you are doing).  My question is how much of a difference in game play does it really make shutting down all those processes running in the background if you are running a fairly high-end machine with plenty of memory?  I've ran the game with as little as 12 processes running and as many as 45.  I can't honestly say I see or feel any difference in game play.  Thats not to say I don't experience crapy game play from time to time but I tend to attribute the problem to the internet during that particular period of time or in some instances I'm simply not on top of my game that day (happens a lot) :P.   

<S>

Grind

If you have have a "high end" computer you most likely won't need any other program to help. When my son built this new box for me he got it all together and setup, but didn't both trimming the fat so to speak. When I finally got around to checking.....it was a few months after I got it, and only because I was curious, NOT because of any problems.... I had over 50 processes and it didn't effect the game at all. However if you have a computer that is NOT on the cutting edge, and you are NOT really a computer "geek" these programs mentioned are a great way to help squeeze that little bit more out of an older/slower computer.

Offline Wing19

• Zinc Member
      • SkyKnight Bomber Group Base
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 08:44:54 AM »
I use enditall. Would this program work the same or better?

Wing19
SKWing19