Author Topic: 109 G10 a bit too fast...  (Read 815 times)

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
109 G10 a bit too fast...
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2001, 11:19:00 PM »

Originally posted by Jigster:
Whats the title of his other book? I have his autobiography but I don't think I've ever seen the other.

It's been so long since I read it I don't remember the name. I borrowed it from a friend. I think it came out before the autobiography but I'm not positive. I read them both about 10 years ago so... I'm sure you can find it online with an author search. I think the tital was Press On. Come to think about it Press on was after the autobio. Yeager was the 1st book and Press On was the second if I remember correctly.

[This message has been edited by Jimdandy (edited 01-09-2001).]

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2001, 12:11:00 AM »
I've read alot of pilot bios and auto-bios and only two really stick out... Eugene Fletcher's "The Lucky Bastard Club" and Yeager's.

I cannot believe there hasn't been a movie based on Yeager's life. It's practically directly transferable to film with no modifications with the current technology.

I'm gotta find that book, if it's half as good his auto bio it outta be spectacular.

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2001, 08:23:00 AM »

Originally posted by Jigster:
I've read alot of pilot bios and auto-bios and only two really stick out... Eugene Fletcher's "The Lucky Bastard Club" and Yeager's.

I cannot believe there hasn't been a movie based on Yeager's life. It's practically directly transferable to film with no modifications with the current technology.

I'm gotta find that book, if it's half as good his auto bio it outta be spectacular.

I think it was a little better myself. You will enjoy it. I think there have been some B movies done on his life. That's why you don't hear about them. Think about how little people actually know about the astronauts. Yeager is partially victim of the success of the space program. As a matter of fact the astronauts are victims of the success of the space program. I'm just old enough to remember the wave of space mania in the late 60's and early 70's. I was a little kid but I remember watching the first steps on the moon. I remember all the toys, and food that came out. "Tang, what the astronauts drink."   There was some food bar I think Pillsbury  made that was real popular. Then all of the sudden people were bored with it. They got bored with Yeagers type with the dawn of the space program. The Right Stuff talks about it and so does Yeager. A couple of people I knew actually meet several of the test pilots and astronauts including Yeager. They were all JUST as wild as the stories say they were. I will e-mail you a neat little story I was told by a guy that worked with the space program.<S>

[This message has been edited by Jimdandy (edited 01-10-2001).]