Author Topic: Can't find my films.  (Read 323 times)

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Can't find my films.
« on: June 05, 2009, 12:02:12 AM »
Alright so I just got a new laptop and it has the dreaded Vista....So I have recorded several films that I can view via Aces High Film Viewer. But when I try to search for the actual files via search to upload them and stuff I can't even find the films folder.
C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II\films is where the film viewer says the films are when I open them and watch them. But I cannot locate this folder.  :huh Any help will be appreciated.
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: Can't find my films.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 04:00:44 AM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,71591.msg2932059.html#msg2932059

3)  Where are my files and folders for the game?

Vista, by default, places all files and folders created after the installation of any program in the "Program Files" directory into a virtual store directory.

It's a new feature of Vista called 'User Access Control' (UAC).  Vista hides the folder from you, but you can find it, for example, in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II, where username is replaced with your Vista login ID.  The folder AppData is hidden so you have to manually type it in the path box.

If you find the above to be undesirable, then you might want to simply install the game into another folder, not in the "Program Files" directory.  In Vista, UAC only works on files installed in the "Program Files" directory.  We have also discovered UAC will hamper game performance and might corrupt the game data files.  We strongly advise choosing another installation path for the game, such as "C:\Games\Aces High II".
What follows is the maula method to get around the problem if you did allow the game to be installed in its default location.

If you want all your files back where they used to be, then you would have needed to run the game installer using a right-click and selecting "Run as Administrator" option.

After that, you would have to right-click on the Aces High II start up ICON and select "Run as Administrator" every time you wanted to run the game, unless you set the game to "Run as Administrator" all the time.  To do this, you right-click on the Aces High II start up ICON, and select "Properties".  Under the "Compatibility" tab, select the "Run this program as an administrator" option,  This will make all the game folders and files to be stored in their normal path locations.

However, any files you had before will not longer be used.  So you may want to copy the folders and contents of the UAC path above to the original root folder location of Aces High II before you set the option to run the game as an administrator.  This will preserve all your settings.

Another upside to checking the option to run the game as an administrator under Vista is it will allow the game's auto-updater to work correctly.  Vista blocks the creation of any executable file in the game's root installation folder unless it is run as an admin.  This prevents the auto-updater from working correctly.

Please keep in mind, we have no control over these new features.  We cannot change options in your operating system configuration.  All we can do is try to provide ways to work within the framework Microsoft decides to give everyone.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Re: Can't find my films.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 04:30:41 PM »
thank you
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech