Author Topic: Parrots say good bye  (Read 1979 times)

Offline shuzon

• Zinc Member
      • Loose Deuce
Parrots say good bye
« on: June 02, 2009, 11:38:23 AM »
As you may already know, the Parrots squadron is closing the cage. Little parrots are spreading wings and dispersing through the ether. If you didn't know, read the end of this message.

Meanwhile, we want to go out with something a little memorable, remembering the friendship and fun we've all had. We'd like to fly with you all, ex parrots and airborne friends, for one last huge flight, on June 7th 2009, in one of the Late War arenas at 20.30 CET.

Here's the plan.
The PARROTS will Form up on Rook side in a plane that will depend on ENY that night.
All others NON and EX PARROTS that want to join this good bye flight pls form on any OTHER country to a big group. We will meet in the air and fly some time together high and in close formation and NOT shooting each other. We are friends, and no country difference will tear this apart.
For questions pls PM me via AH forum or PARROTS forum.

Hoping to see a lot of you guys!

We are still friends, we hope our friendships will continue to cross international borders for years to come. Who knows, perhaps we'll reform in 20 years time like all those pop bands.

Yours, the Parrots

:salute

(For questions PM me or via PARROTS forum.)

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:41:27 AM by shuzon »
Schu! Squad motivatorrrrrrrrrrr

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
Re: Parrots say good bye
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 05:02:06 PM »
wow didnt know that, such a great group of people and pilots. Enjoyed every minute with them flying in the SEC and MAs. I'll be at the memorable for sure.

yall can fly with me or the 91st anytime

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Bijl

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.1strof.com
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 01:35:57 PM »
That's sad news Shu!  :frown:
Let's hope that you guys make a restart or join other squads(?)
cya Sunday!

Axe 'Bijl' de Jong
1st. Lt. 1st.ROF Netherlands 322 Sqn.RAF
"Niet praten, maar doen!"

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 01:44:18 PM »
We are friends, and no country difference will tear this apart.

Are you saying your squad split because people were loyal to a chess piece, or are we talking IRL?

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline shuzon

• Zinc Member
      • Loose Deuce
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 05:40:22 PM »
Are you saying your squad split because people were loyal to a chess piece, or are we talking IRL?
We are talking about friendship, sometimes friends go different ways but they stay friends.

That's sad news Shu!  :frown:
Let's hope that you guys make a restart or join other squads(?)
cya Sunday!

As told in the line above, may be in 20 years..., but there are some,  let me say: some  ":O good pilots looking for another nest"! :cool:

See you on Sunday..or at the next EC:-)

for those NON(good friends and all other known welcome) and EX(truely good firends that flew a lot with us(no details :cool:) PARROTS, dhyran is the man to talk with to take part in the good bye raid on sunday. :rock
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 05:58:19 PM by shuzon »

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 12:19:38 AM »
Grüß Gott!! Shuzon,

Sorry to see the squad fly the coop... no pun intended LOL!

On another note...

I had no idea you were Bavarian until I noticed your location under your avatar.

I have A LOT of family in Deutschland.

My relatives that are still in Germany live in Kempfenhausen am Starnberger See , Starnberg, Grobenzell, München, Lochausen, und Augsburg.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 12:22:45 AM by RATTFINK »
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 02:54:16 AM »
heya Guys,

as an long time (EX)member, we Parrots friends will wing up together on knights side at the Blue Arena, i will setup a mission for it, called "Parrots - mine mine mine"
more Details on the mission CH at Sunday 20:30 CET

:aok

You are all welcome to say good bye the this Squadron, founded in 2003. During all these Years there were tons of Fun flying WB together, Parrots got good influence there. After the Change over to AH2 the Parrots grow up to 28 Members. So i hope to see a lot of  Ex Members and Friends on the knights side.

Cu there this Sunday 20:30 CET

P.S.

i found some old memories......from 10-14-2006, 03:42 to be precise  :lol:

Hiho

well we Parrots made several organised Sorties last night, take a look, not much to say about it - Enjoy!

« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 03:36:45 AM by dhyran »

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 12:59:17 AM »
As you may already know, the Parrots squadron is closing the cage. Little parrots are spreading wings and dispersing through the ether. If you didn't know, read the end of this message.

Meanwhile, we want to go out with something a little memorable, remembering the friendship and fun we've all had. We'd like to fly with you all, ex parrots and airborne friends, for one last huge flight, on June 7th 2009, in one of the Late War arenas at 20.30 CET.

Here's the plan.
The PARROTS will Form up on Rook side in a plane that will depend on ENY that night.
All others NON and EX PARROTS that want to join this good bye flight pls form on any OTHER country to a big group. We will meet in the air and fly some time together high and in close formation and NOT shooting each other. We are friends, and no country difference will tear this apart.
For questions pls PM me via AH forum or PARROTS forum.

Hoping to see a lot of you guys!

We are still friends, we hope our friendships will continue to cross international borders for years to come. Who knows, perhaps we'll reform in 20 years time like all those pop bands.

Yours, the Parrots

(For questions PM me or via PARROTS forum.)

Are you fellas disbanding in WB too?

No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline shuzon

• Zinc Member
      • Loose Deuce
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 05:36:15 AM »
Are you fellas disbanding in WB too?

Yep, we are just keeping our Forum up, thx to Flubby, all other organized flying activities are beeing closed down.

Offline Impakt

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 05:53:25 PM »
   Hey Schu,
I think the events of the last months were truly tragic. I certainly loved my time with the Parrots and thought there was an amazing rapport between all of the members. It is a pity that things devolved as they did. I'm sorry I missed the "last sortie" but my account is currently deleted. I am attempting to update my card and re-establish my account. So perhaps old brethren will meet again in the virtual skies. Real life throwing curve balls so I haven't had any time to play----will try and change that.

Cheers and <S>
                       Impakt 

+ FAFL ALSACE 341 +

In game handle = Impaktt

Offline Edgar

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 10:19:58 AM »
To Schu and the rest of the Parrots and ex-Parrots,

I just wanted to say thank you to all of the PARROTS and Ex-PARROTS that I was able to spend time with playing WB and now AH with, it was truly some good times. I remember the day that you all welcomed me into the squad about 3 years ago as a new player on WB, I learned something from every one of you, but mostly I learned how good of friends you can become with some guys even if you have never met them in real life. Like Impakt, I was sad to see that the events of the last few months of the PARROTS existence evolved into what is now the end of the squad, but that's the way things go. Change is constant, we all move on.

I wish I could have made the final flight, but RL events prevented that, I will remember all of the great friendships that I have developed through the PARROTS, and hopefully I can wing up with each and every one of you again sometime in the future.

<S>
Edgar
XO
VMF-222 ~Flying Deuces~
http://www.vmf-222.com/

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 06:00:35 AM »
Yep, we are just keeping our Forum up, thx to Flubby, all other organized flying activities are beeing closed down.

Shame to see you fellas go.

Best of luck to you fellas.

I remembered seeing (and getting killed by) the Parrots a lot during WB.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 02:01:49 PM »
Shame to see you fellas go.

Best of luck to you fellas.

I remembered seeing (and getting killed by) the Parrots a lot during WB.

hi 1+44, what was your callsign over there?

btw, not all vanished, parrots split into different new squadrons, so you can have the same intense fight ongoing in the future

<S>

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Amsoil21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 01:07:27 PM »
BIG BIG salute to the parrots  :salute

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 12:37:43 PM »
Grüß Gott!! Shuzon,

Sorry to see the squad fly the coop... no pun intended LOL!

On another note...

I had no idea you were Bavarian until I noticed your location under your avatar.

I have A LOT of family in Deutschland.

My relatives that are still in Germany live in Kempfenhausen am Starnberger See , Starnberg, Grobenzell, München, Lochausen, und Augsburg.

(Image removed from quote.)

Wow, Deutschland.  MY GGGP's and Great Grand Parents immigrated to the US in 1881 from West/East Prussia.  In the region of Danzig.  Prior to that their ancestors immigrated there from Norway after the 40 Years War.

If one were to ever refer to them as Polish...well it would not be a good time.   ;)
2Slow
Secundum mihi , urbanus resurrectio
TANSTAAFL