Author Topic: Brewster Buffalo  (Read 8346 times)

Offline MotleyCH

• Nickel Member
Re: Brewster Buffalo
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2009, 05:12:38 PM »
[rant]

I'm really surprised to see this added to the line up, previous voting results put this next to bottom of the list. Only 509 of them built, any other airplane would of been excluded for that reason.

What ever happened to ME-410, HE-111, Yak 3 or the A-26?

[/rant]

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2009, 05:19:26 PM »
another hanger queen with an armament like that i dont see many flyin it. the novelty will wear off fairly quick similar to the p-39

There's more to AH than the LWA. As HTC fills out the missing aircraft you're going be disappointed at times. There's far more early war hanger queens as you call them missing than there are late war cannon armed uber rides. It's a great addition and long overdue.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2009, 05:23:28 PM »
B-239 looks nice.  Good detail on it.

[rant]

I'm really surprised to see this added to the line up, previous voting results put this next to bottom of the list. Only 509 of them built, any other airplane would of been excluded for that reason.

What ever happened to ME-410, HE-111, Yak 3 or the A-26?

[/rant]
As I have told you guys many times, the vote was for the next aircraft only, not the next ten.  The P-39 lost to the B-25 by less than 1%, so they did add it next.  None of the other choices are set to any sort of add order based on that vote.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2009, 05:39:34 PM »
i love the 39 i see the all the time in mid war, brewster  will  not keep fast cannons slinging dweebs happy for long that is true but a hanger queen? i think not

Last tour the P-39D had 29 kills vs 32 deaths in MidWar. The Q had 100 to 138. Those are basically TBM numbers, or SBD. Or wild cat.

The Hellcat, by comparison, has K/D numbers of about a total of 4300. I might see a P-39 in LW, where about 95% of the games action is, about once a week. If that much. Is there any reason to expect more from the Buffalo?

But I'll hold off on the coronation until the plane gets here and people fly it.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2009, 05:41:00 PM »
Pretty cool being of finnish blood meself. I would have preferred the Yak3 but looks fun :)

thanks HTC
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Bark0

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2009, 05:48:45 PM »
I say Give it a Blue n yellow Paint Scheme and call it a Peashooter

:lol

Quote From Shifty:
There's more to AH than the LWA...There's far more early war hanger queens as you call them missing than there are late war cannon armed uber rides.[quote/]

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2009, 05:51:21 PM »
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2009, 05:54:17 PM »
Keep in mind also that there has been a number of loyal HTC customers from Finland and this is also a bone being tossed to them.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2009, 05:59:21 PM »
another hanger queen with an armament like that i dont see many flyin it. the novelty will wear off fairly quick similar to the p-39

Maybe for someone such as yourself that is only capable of flying fast late war planes but the Brewster fills a gap in the EW and even MW plane set.  It's a great addition to the game that won't be a hanger queen in the EW and MW arenas.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2009, 06:02:31 PM »
The Japanese loved it.  Everyone in picture captured, and in the service of the Empereror.  Compliments of the Dutch.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2009, 06:03:44 PM »
Im confused? I thought the Buffalo was american, why does it have nazi signs?

Offline Lord ReDhAwK

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.revivecomputing.com/aggressors
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2009, 06:04:27 PM »
Congrat's Finns!   Shes a real beauty.  WTG HTC.

ReDhAwK
C.O.
The Aggressors

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2009, 06:07:32 PM »
Contrary to (unfortunately) popular belief, the Swastika was not a Nazi symbol. It was around for thousands of years, being associated with good luck in cultures around the world before the Nazis defaced it and gave it a new connotation for Western Culture (I'm not sure if the same connotations are held in other cultures?). The blue swastika in the white circle was adopted as the roundel for the Finnish Air Force in 1918.
We have the version that was sold to the Finns, I would assume, because it's the one that saw the most significant service, being the mount of some of the highest scoring aces of all time.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:48:38 PM by Motherland »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2009, 06:17:21 PM »

Finnish Swastika: It was originally a Hindi symbol of luck used by the family of the Swedish Count Eric von Rosen who donated the first aircraft, a Thulin D Parasol (a license-built Morane-Saulnier L), to the Finnish (White) Army 6 Mar 1918 during the Finnish War of Independence (or Finnish Civil War).

It was adopted as the national marking of the Finnish Air Force in honour of him and later on also by the Army.  After the war, the swastika was abandoned as a symbol and instead a blue and white roundel was adopted.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2009, 06:17:53 PM »

The question that never goes away.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV