Author Topic: Worn out! and a big todo list.  (Read 539 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Worn out! and a big todo list.
« on: May 30, 2009, 04:13:41 PM »
I've been working on the house day and night now for about 3 months. I am just worn out. Well having the flu for 3 days hasn't helped. There is still so much to do.

Dug and planted a garden this morning, hand sawed down 3 small weed/trees, Changed oil in the jeep and then collapsed. My niece came over to see me bless her troubled heart. But I had only 4 hours of sleep last night.

I'm not even married and my to-do list is amazing. I'm about to throw in the towel for a while. Which is probably wrong. I have guests coming next week and still need to paint the hallway, the outside trim, mow the yard, hang 2 doors, put down 3 thresholds, and hang a ton of pictures. Then I guess there are curtains to hang and a new window to put in. Sheesh!

My Niece loved the place though. She said it is beautiful!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: Worn out! and a big todo list.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 04:56:58 PM »
how about having a things to do party. Have a group of friends and family come over. Supply some beverages ( limit 1 alcoholic per Hr before 2pm or things will stop before they start),and a barB and get some good r&b or mo town playing and there you go, your to do list gets a good hit, and people get to have a good time whilst giving you a little help.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 08:09:27 PM »
how about having a things to do party. Have a group of friends and family come over. Supply some beverages ( limit 1 alcoholic per Hr before 2pm or things will stop before they start),and a barB and get some good r&b or mo town playing and there you go, your to do list gets a good hit, and people get to have a good time whilst giving you a little help.

Yes, they are all coming over Tuesday. Thank goodness!

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 10:40:42 AM »
Well, it turned out to be a success. My brother and his wife loved the place. Even enjoyed my cooking. Made fried chicken, mashed potatoes, Chuck Wagon beans, corn on the cob, and grilled vegetables. They particularly enjoyed the grilled veggies. Mom, her friend Don came over as well. In two days, we painted the hall way, one wall in the living room, hung 3 doors, put down one threshold, cleaned the kitchen, put up one window (Sealed it, insulated it, and yet to paint the trim) and put a locking door knob on the bathroom door. They were stunned by the bathroom. Wish I had the before pictures.

It's great to be done and have everything over with. Although there are still things minor things to do. Now I can take my time at least.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 11:00:28 AM »
There's nothing like hitting the sack after days like that.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 11:26:37 AM »
There's nothing like hitting the sack after days like that.

You are correct! I've slept so very well the last week. Before that I was having problems sleeping at night.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 06:03:36 PM »
Now that's not bad at all.....two days of work and you feed them once...you could run a sweet shop :lol :lol :lol :lol.

It's always a satisfying feeling when a you can step back and say wow. look what I/we did.
Congrats on your to do list push.

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 02:36:52 PM »
I was going to say hire the local teenagers to help you out, but since it is over...I hope you had a good party.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X