Author Topic: A-26  (Read 967 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Re: A-26
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 11:52:19 AM »
  hanger queen....i don't think so

perk it... yes by all means

A-20 not good enough... yes for MW, but it would be nice to be able to keep up with some of the runtards of LW " you know,the ones who run screaming like  little kids when you reverse on them" :lol

we need planes for scenarios..... yes and i am sure ther are some A26 scenarios

we need to fill out EW first... 2 EW rides are soon to be here

we need to fill out MW first... MW is pretty good but could use some more rides.

A26 ? .... its a A-20 on steroids

I was joking.

I was laying out what I thought would be the typical responses to wishlist planes. (Perk it, is my favorite)

It should NOT be perked!

Low eny,yes.

Perked, NO!!

I have always advocated bringing in the A-26. :x

But after seeing how you handle that A-20, I may be having second thoughts.

:salute
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 11:57:44 AM »
I think perkin the A26 would be advisable...

Consider, it can get in to target much faster, won't shed parts
as easy as A20, much faster dive speeds, Carries enough ord
to clobber 2 hngrs in one DB pass.. And then can deack/vulch
the crap out of the field afterward... Just a few of them would
RUIN YOUR DAY!!!

Nasty Nasty airplane :t   Gotta have it!

RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 12:20:13 PM »
It should be perked IMO, 5 or so perks would be enough.  Otherwise it would hugely unbalance the attack/bomber planeset i think.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 12:37:21 PM »
It's funny that most want this plane so they can fly it as a fighter and will laugh really hard at all the easy kills that it will result in.  So bring the A-26, I could use more easy kills.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 02:12:36 PM »
It was probably the pinnacle of Piston attack/light bomber development. Were talking Mossie speeds at better then B-26 bomb loads.

Even better no doubt we'd get both the B and C A-26 models. This is important because the "C" had the glass nose, the Norden bomb sight, and was faster then the "B". Now your in the ballgame of dropping 6,000 lbs of ords, X 3, while traveling over 370 mph. And doing so accurately. This bomber would be a killer of CV groups, so I'd guess it would have to be perked pretty good. At least as much as the 234s.

The "B" model had the 8 0.50 gun package in the nose and both models, I believe, had 2 0.50s on each side for defensive fire power. The A-26B would be great dive bomber and strafer. Tho I'd say the game doesn't make the 0.50 Brownings as useful as they were in real life. In real life they were a fearsome gun package to get hosed with.

The A-26 would be a great addition and we do need another perked bomber. Tho I must say I'd rather see a Soviet bomber first. The TU-2 would solve both problems cause it was so capable, "almost as much as the A-26", and would flesh out the Soviet set more. Which we need. :salute
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »
I still don't understand why it would be perked.  No attack bases AC should be perked unless it's total uber and the A26 is not uber. 
Mossie speeds at better then B-26 bomb loads.
A-26 -  Honestly, this plane will end up as a light perk but more things to spend bomber perks on are needed.  Helluva plane that would completely upstage every other medium bomber in the game.
Now.. The Ta152 was by all appearances expected to be worth 20 or 10 perks or whatever it was set to initially.  So HTC aren't above some margin of error, but I doubt they're wrong in this case, about the A26.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 02:33:18 PM »
The TU-2 would solve both problems cause it was so capable, "almost as much as the A-26", and would flesh out the Soviet set more. Which we need. :salute

Perk the TU-2!!!!  :x
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 03:42:51 PM »
Let's focus on other countries before we go adding more planes to the already superior planeset of American bombers.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Meatloaf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 06:27:57 PM »
no perkie  :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock
Да здравствует Советского Союза!
aka 1BORIS

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 12:25:50 PM »
Reason so many us aircraft are modeld is because...., well we simply developed more of the outstanding types than any other country.

Its going to be in the same sooner or later, id prefer sooner of-course..
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 12:48:40 PM »
Probably will be perked in the 30-75 perk point range.

Also, it isn't as fast as a Mossie.  The A-26's best speed is about the same as what an undampered Mosquito FB.VI does at sea level.  Not sure what altitude is best for the A-26, but it isn't sea level.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 12:51:14 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 01:06:52 PM »
Reason so many us aircraft are modeld is because...., well we simply developed more of the outstanding types than any other country.

Its going to be in the same sooner or later, id prefer sooner of-course..

I think it has to do with other things than that.  Like player base (most players are from the US), solid data for FM and the such. 

The A26 would be another fast med. bomber with a good load out.  Think B26/Ki-67 that can give you a fit while fighting it nothing more.  If people are really on this game for the fights then why not bring on "another easy kill".  It's not uber and 30-75 perk range would make it a hanger queen.  75 perks would put it in the AR-234 range and would totally be out of the question.  We would get the A-26B without formations and only 2 turrets for defence and only 8 forward firing 50cals...same as P-47.  I know they are nose mounted so more effective but the P-38 has 4cals with 20mm cannon.  I would guess the people that want it perked are just scared...lol.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 03:47:45 PM »
I think it has to do with other things than that.  Like player base (most players are from the US), solid data for FM and the such. 

The A26 would be another fast med. bomber with a good load out.  Think B26/Ki-67 that can give you a fit while fighting it nothing more.  If people are really on this game for the fights then why not bring on "another easy kill".  It's not uber and 30-75 perk range would make it a hanger queen.  75 perks would put it in the AR-234 range and would totally be out of the question.  We would get the A-26B without formations and only 2 turrets for defence and only 8 forward firing 50cals...same as P-47.  I know they are nose mounted so more effective but the P-38 has 4cals with 20mm cannon.  I would guess the people that want it perked are just scared...lol.
Pyro has said that it is a future perk plane.  I think 30-75 is about where it will be introduced, and there is no issue with it being a hangar queen, HTC is content that some perk planes be such.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 08:40:36 PM »
Probably will be perked in the 30-75 perk point range.

Also, it isn't as fast as a Mossie.  The A-26's best speed is about the same as what an undampered Mosquito FB.VI does at sea level.  Not sure what altitude is best for the A-26, but it isn't sea level.

At best altitude, and I forget what that was, the A-26c would reach about 370 mph. The C had the glass nose and bombsight, minus the heavy 0.50 nose armamament.http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=3061

Or I could have it the wrong way around. The "C" had the 6 gun package in the wings so "it" might have been the 355 mph variant. But one of the two had about  25 mph advantage. Still, that is fast. It would be a very capable air craft in this game and justifiably perked.

"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"