Author Topic: Anyone from Pittsburgh?  (Read 795 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Re: Anyone from Pittsburgh?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 09:08:47 PM »
Anyone remember Bob Prince yelling..."There's chicken on the hill!" When Stargell hit a homerun???

Willie had a restaurant and served free chicken when he hit a home run.  Great days.

I live exactly half way between Cleveland and Pittsburgh in Ohio....have the best of both worlds.

Two baseball teams, one national one american, Hockey team and Cavaliers to follow during the seasons.

BTW you Pirate fans drool.....I've just picked up a mint Roberto Clemente 1956 Topps Card  :aok

It goes next to my Rocky Colavito 1957 topps Card.  My two favs when i was a youngster (still am a kid)

Great living in NE Ohio :aok
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 07:04:37 AM »
BTW you Pirate fans drool.....I've just picked up a mint Roberto Clemente 1956 Topps Card  :aok

Nice.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 12:37:19 PM »
Don't do it Nef. Lute's prolly a closet Browns fan who keeps a red ball in his pocket for "emergencies".
 :noid :t

<---  Born/Raised in St. Louis and a huge Cardinals fan.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit