Author Topic: Truly sad  (Read 4095 times)

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
Re: Truly sad
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2009, 10:33:35 PM »
Great post flapsup. Was happy one of you guys caught this and was able to tell your side of the story.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Shabinator

• Zinc Member
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2009, 11:52:50 PM »
I am amazed at how many of you wannabees can cry cry cry about the soars team, mabey if you spent more time acually thinking out your  strategies and less time crying you would fair better against S.O.A.R. :O
You've been Shabinated :)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2009, 12:44:24 AM »
 Nice post flaps but I gotta say.If the Flying Circus was your squad,I would either kick the trash to the curb,or leave.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2009, 12:46:05 AM »
I am a SOAR member one of the first in the squad. I go to EW because that is where the squad is most of the time. I go to EW to hang out with my friends in the squad not to milk run. I could care less about points. I only use them on the M-4 Sherman in LW arena anyway and I almost never fly perk birds in any arena. I stay in SOAR because I like the guys that are in it. We have guys that have been in the squad for years. As for trash talk I see that in every arena on 200. It is just part of this game good or bad. If the other guy is trash talking you it is because you most likely just killed him. Look at it like a compliment.

R-105

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2009, 01:06:23 AM »
Hey man, If you have just a few guys in a good squad making the rest of you look bad and feel dejected enough to quit the game then the answer is simple:
Boot the losers out of the squad or take the good fellas with you and start a new squad. 

It REALLY IS that simple.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2009, 08:46:39 AM »
Hey man, If you have just a few guys in a good squad making the rest of you look bad and feel dejected enough to quit the game then the answer is simple:
Boot the losers out of the squad or take the good fellas with you and start a new squad. 

It REALLY IS that simple.

was quite a few fun fights last night in mw near a55......till some guys came in at 20k+.........never understood the need to go that high.......even the b17's were mostly below 10k...........but lots of fun fights.

ooo....and sunbat.....you said that shot you got on me was luck.....i think otherwise.......was a perfectly tiomes and perfectly executed maneuver. i thought i had enough speed to take me out of your guns range faster than that.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2009, 09:21:21 AM »
makes you wonder what a MW or EW room would look like with base capture disabled ..
there are some of us that are only here for the a2a .. they way AH started out.
the whole base capture idea seems at times childish at best.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2009, 09:47:20 AM »
makes you wonder what a MW or EW room would look like with base capture disabled ..

ya...but if that's how those guys want to play....then so be it.......they do create good fights. i fillow em around, and almost always end up in good fights from that.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2009, 11:25:42 AM »
remember those old westerns with the deserted towns?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2009, 11:31:13 AM »
Yeah, and make sure to include the LW arenas...don't just pick on the "kiddie's playground" (as some LW a-hole called it), and see how well it works there too.  I'm not into base captures, so could care less if they turn it off.  But it's my understanding that base captures were put in to generate fights.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2009, 11:36:42 AM »
But it's my understanding that base captures were put in to generate fights.

This is absolutely correct.  It is not an endeavour unto itself, rather one meant to foster conflict.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2009, 11:43:59 AM »
Yeah, and make sure to include the LW arenas...don't just pick on the "kiddie's playground" (as some LW a-hole called it), and see how well it works there too.  I'm not into base captures, so could care less if they turn it off.  But it's my understanding that base captures were put in to generate fights.

and they do. some of the best, most fun, most chaotic fights i've ever had have been defending, or tryign to capture a base.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"