Author Topic: flying/gunning in bombers  (Read 540 times)

Offline thesunaside

• Zinc Member
flying/gunning in bombers
« on: June 14, 2009, 08:35:00 AM »
hi, i'm new to aces high and i've been playing offline to get a feel and all. i love b17's but i have found something im not sure about. when switching to a gunner seat it seems nobody is flying the plane at all. is this just an offline thing? is there a whole squad of players aboard while playing online? im sorry if this is a dumb question. but trying ms combat flight sim 3 the pilot takes over while i man a gun seat.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: flying/gunning in bombers
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 08:41:05 AM »
If you are flying your plane alone, the bomber goes to auto-pilot when you jump in the guns. However, you are allowed to have one person join your crew as a gunner( or you can join someone else buff as a gunner), but only one extra person can join. You can also join in a fighter as a "ride along" to see how that person fights in a fighter.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 01:54:29 PM »
Also, in case you don't know, when alone and in a gun position shooting at an enemy,if you push the n key it fires all guns that have a sight on the enemy at once.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 01:56:24 PM by Sunka »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 04:54:49 AM »
Also, in case you don't know, when alone and in a gun position shooting at an enemy,if you push the n key it fires all guns that have a sight on the enemy at once.

If you are using a joystick, the main trigger should be mapped to "file all guns" and will do the same thing as well.  But it never hurts to know the keystrokes though Sunka  :salute

***G3-MF***

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 05:45:33 AM »
Also, when in a gunner-position, you can use your rudder to turn the bomber.
You can't make any altitude corrections though.

This doesn't work when you have joined someone else's bomber.