Author Topic: Do you fly one country only?  (Read 2196 times)

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
Re: Do you fly one country only?
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2009, 09:03:59 AM »
I was not disrespectful about it LYNX, unlike your response  :aok

Bad for the game.

I didn't rezlize that's why you left the Knights Snailman. Must be even worse than I thought. Don't go to Knights often enough to really see it first hand.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2009, 09:18:29 AM »
yeah there are a small bunch of us Knits prepared to play alt-tennis with the Rooks. Doesnt bother me too much - it got me flying the XIV regularly ;)

It certainly has become my perk ride of choice for the high alt fighting scenarios we run into now and then.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2009, 10:18:58 AM »
I fly with my squad (The Few) which is where my loyalty lies. When we switch (after the initial outburts on country ho hum) I fight to the best of my ability (see sig for details lol...) for that country.

I'll goon, resupp, gv, whatever whenever.

Each to their own, each country has the same problems and the same advantages. We all have the same planeset too  :D

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2009, 10:18:59 AM »
I was not disrespectful about it LYNX, unlike your response  :aok

So long as you accuse me of doing something wrong respectfully that's OK then.
I think people like LYNX and DREDger who make comments on 200 regarding beating up on one particular side are just ignorant, and the game could do without that.

However, when I point out respectfully that your wrong
Speaking for myself I'd like to point out your off the map mate.
What ever bee you have in your bonnet is your problem or your missunderstanding or both.
that's "bad for the game"

Respectfully your replies seems to be applying a rule of principle more strictly to one than the other.  Further more in a fashion simulating the virtues of goodness.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2009, 11:31:54 AM »
Definately not LYNX. I am just pointing out known country bashers. You must not even realize you guys do it  :lol

"chess piece loyalty!!11" - LYNX

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2009, 11:40:44 AM »
You can't characterize the countries. You might be able to characterise players or squads, but as we've already seen, the countries those players and squads are on varies from day to day and month to month.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2009, 11:47:38 AM »
BZ=Rook Always
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2009, 01:30:55 PM »
Definately not LYNX. So you don't see that by initiating this interaction that its both hypocritical and double stand to your "bad for the game" ethos.  erm OK
I am just pointing out known country bashers. May I again draw your attention to the reply I made earlier "1) I don't initiate crap on 200.  2) I don't suffer fools lightly.  So if some complete spanner spouts off I don't mind putting them straight.  This much is true".   You must not even realize you guys do it  :lol  Yer I guess I'm Bish bashing every evening and at each Bish mission / country roll. Pahlease!  Respectfully....Are you sure your not misconstruing things when I'm replying to other folk.

"chess piece loyalty!!11" - LYNX
Getting back on topic.  In my opinion most country loyal squads are basically strat playing squads.  Most squads that have a preference to change sides tend to be fighter squads.  Either seeking the best fights or to even the sides out.  Note that I said most and not all.

As a strat player with a goal to reset it would be redundant of me to switch sides to recapture the base I once helped capture.  A tad pointless don't ya think.  I would suspect the majority of country loyal folk would share the same opinion.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2009, 01:35:22 PM »
apart from the server crash a week or so back - got dumped into bish for some reason :uhoh thought I'd fly a couple of sorties for novelty value so said hi on country and ... was completely ignored, so switched back to Knits straight away :(

Had the same issue but I always a bish, got dumped to the Rooks, said hello 5 times...never a response.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2009, 03:37:19 PM »
I fly in one country, when I first came into the game I had switched from country to country and had received a very cold reception, "now I'm 52 yrs old" so the squeaker factor is out but still I did not get any type of good reception from players until I got into the Bish and I have been there ever since. While I was going through my initial learning curve I had developed contacts and relationships with fellow county mates so I would consider myself to loyal to them more than anything else. I have made contacts with some Knights and Rooks and when they are respectfull I am too, I see good sticks on all sides but do enjoy having a enemy that is very good stick and trying to get kill on them kinda like a nemisis, for example Lynx he kills me allot but I'll keep coming back and try to get the better of him, I haven't yet but I will a some point.
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2009, 03:45:44 PM »
I fly in one country, when I first came into the game I had switched from country to country and had received a very cold reception, "now I'm 52 yrs old" so the squeaker factor is out but still I did not get any type of good reception from players until I got into the Bish and I have been there ever since. While I was going through my initial learning curve I had developed contacts and relationships with fellow county mates so I would consider myself to loyal to them more than anything else. I have made contacts with some Knights and Rooks and when they are respectfull I am too,

This pretty much mirrors my experience.  The day I started AH2, I was automatically put on the Knights.  I stayed there for a pretty short period of time before I decided the Knights who were on at that time were egomaniacal "rear ends".  So, before uninstalling the game entirely, I tried switching to Bishops.  There were people on the Bishops side who were friendly and explained some of the game mechanics to me.  Made friends, joined a Bishop squadron.  Sometimes I think that I wouldn't mind it if the squad did a tour of the countries, but I would never switch without the squad.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2009, 03:51:38 PM »
wow LYNX, you really are bent out of shape  :)

You can't seem to take what you dish out. I suggest you take a few weeks off from the game sir! Will do you wonders.

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2009, 03:59:13 PM »
wow LYNX, you really are bent out of shape  :)

You can't seem to take what you dish out. I suggest you take a few weeks off from the game sir! Will do you wonders.

No I am not bent out shape and I can take what I dish out,  :huh I don't know where you getting this from  :confused:
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2009, 06:13:04 PM »
Had the same issue but I always a bish, got dumped to the Rooks, said hello 5 times...never a response.

You werent dumped to the rooks 5point you were lifted to the rooks. :rofl
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 06:15:16 PM by smokey23 »

Offline Vadjan-Sama

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2009, 06:24:50 PM »
70% Rook, 30% Knight, If the Rook front is boring then I change to Knights looking for some fights vs bishops ^^  :rock
"I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled."

HiTech