Author Topic: Squad Size Commitments  (Read 588 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Squad Size Commitments
« on: June 13, 2009, 09:39:42 PM »
I'm just going to toss this out as an idea for future planning in FSO.  The typical size fighter squadron during WW2 was around 12 to 15.  Of course, there was always some individual squadrons that had less than 12 and more than 15.

It seems that lately that some smaller size squads have been grouped together against larger size squads in some tactical engagements.  Numbers sometimes match up but usually the deciding factor rests with the communication between teammates.  3 small squads 2-4 and 5-7 can win against a squad 22-27 and sometimes not.  Nature of the game.  If the 2 to 3 small squads have never interacted before together as a group, then the ball could lean towards the larger size squad due to them working together in MA's.

Everbody like thier individuality as a squad and there's nothing wrong with squad pride.  What I'm going to propose is nothing to take away the accomplishments of smaller size squads but a way to enhance them on a better level playing field.  This will also help in the planning for the CM's and CIC's.

The FSO squads would form into a group of Host Squads and Support Squads for lack of better names.  A larger size squad would be attached with 1 or 2 smaller size squads.  The Host Squad would have a commitment level of 16-21 or greater.  Having this type of format, would make the game experience better for all.  This would divide up the FSO squads into 10 to 12 seperate groups.  Make the game more competitive and mostly on equal footing as best as we humanly can.

For awhile now the 613th SOS Pariah have been flying FSO's with the Arabian Knights.  They fly under our colors and have been a great joy to fly with and an oustanding credit to our missions.  I do know this type of thing can work.

Constructive critisism will be appreciated on this suggestion. 

Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: Squad Size Commitments
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 12:08:50 AM »
You know...  I had to read through this a couple times to get the jist of what is being suggested.  But after a closer review, I think that this might be worth talking about.  Hopefully everyone will read through a time or two more, then comment.

There are larger squads that are faithful, week in and week out.  It might be a good thing to assign them a smaller newer (to FSO) squad for a period of time at least. 

Certainly there are small squads who don't need this kind of mentoresque program, but it might be good for a small squad who typically just barely meets their commitment quota.  Pair them up with a larger squad, who (like RT) is consistently on the high end of their quota allowance.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 12:32:06 AM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 06:26:23 AM »
The actual intent is to take the smaller commitment size squads and place them with a larger one for an extended time.  This will allow bonds to form after awhile.  When the smaller squads has more members join after awhile.  They would break off and have the 16-21 size commitment where numbers give you an edge in fights.

I would hate to see a 4-6 squad get slaughtered week in and week out because they would be working with different squads every week and thus not creating those bonds for wingmanship.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 12:52:51 PM »
Hate to be a lil off the subject here.. However, we will be upping our numbers next event to 16-21.  The 13Th' is willing to work with any squad during fso's.
Say a 4-6 squad is having trouble meeting numbers, Look me up, I will let you fly with us as long as you don't have an atitude, and can fly halfway decent..  :rock..  Tuk151
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena