Author Topic: Yak 3  (Read 1016 times)

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
Re: Yak 3
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 02:03:40 AM »
so we ll get yakdweebs then?
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 06:17:49 AM »
we've already got a few ! (no pun)
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 07:39:31 PM »
+2 I like the Yak, and maybe a graphic update for the ones we already have.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 07:51:44 PM »
+2 I like the Yak, and maybe a graphic update for the ones we already have.

I keep -1 ing a graphic update.  I can see great now.  I can move my head where I want now.  Seems with every graphic update I can't get the views I had before the update.

My biggest beef with the P-39 is it seems I can't move around inside the cockpit as much as in older aircraft.  I know they fixed the "limited" head movement with one of the graphically updated planes.  F4U or F6 or something.  Don't remember ATM.

Wish they'd fix that on the P-39.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 02:20:56 PM »
I keep -1 ing a graphic update.  I can see great now.  I can move my head where I want now.  Seems with every graphic update I can't get the views I had before the update.

My biggest beef with the P-39 is it seems I can't move around inside the cockpit as much as in older aircraft.  I know they fixed the "limited" head movement with one of the graphically updated planes.  F4U or F6 or something.  Don't remember ATM.

Wish they'd fix that on the P-39.

wrongway

Yea I know what you mean didn't we lose some viability in  the La5&7? But I still would like the Yak3 added.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 02:49:11 PM »
I'd love to see the Yak-3. I'd love to see as many Soviet air force planes as possible.

But if we got the Yak-3P and the TU-2 bomber I'd be in Hog heaven. http://wio.ru/ww2a.htm enjoy the sight.

The TU-2S was a Soviet level bomber that had a top speed of 340mph at 17,000' and a sea level speed of 300 mph. It carried 2 basic bombloads of 4 2,204 lb bombs or 8 1,102 bombs, "thats twice the amount of the B-26". It was well protected with 3 0.50 cal guns in the tail, dorsal, ventral, and 2 20mm cannon in the wings. It had a range of 1,300 miles.

THIS is a serious airplane. Frankly Im kinda surprised and dissapointed its not in the game yet.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 03:01:22 PM »
 :aok

Offline Scrap13

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 02:16:51 PM »
I have to keep this topic up.. We could use a Yak-3, P model would be prefered    :aok :aok

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 05:35:51 PM »
In order to fill out the Early-War and Mid-War plane sets for events, I hope we might have the Yak-1 and Yak-7 series added...

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 06:10:39 PM »
YAK-3and the
P-47/M have been on my list for some time
, they both represent the hotrods of the war!
  i also like the yaks better than the La just because of the visability, to me it just sems like one of the easiest planes to see out of, and it will definatly make you a better shot, simply because it has little ammo, to waste,  if the 3 turns as well as the spit, combined with its, awsome exelaration, back to speed, she might give them darn spit -tards a run for there money!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 06:29:23 PM »
The Yak3 that displayed at Duxford last year was simply awesome. 

On display there were Merlin and Griffon Spits, P51s and F6Fs and all manner of such planes in solid numbers.  The Yak 3 stood out remarkably.  It was seriously fast and turned like milk in the hot sun with sprightly rate of roll.  The only plane there that equalled (and possibly humbled) it was the F8F.

You can join in one of its displays it gave right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN1-5BP0xSU
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 12:09:55 AM »
I dont think the yak would get 33%  I would like to see it .. it was on the vote list as well as the g55 which i would like to see as well.

It does not have enough ammo for it to get 33%  Most spit 16 flyers have very little acm knowlege and less gunnery skills.   They would take it out a few times get killed and be back in the spit or runstang.
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 12:59:43 AM »
I dont think the yak would get 33%  I would like to see it .. it was on the vote list as well as the g55 which i would like to see as well.

It does not have enough ammo for it to get 33%  Most spit 16 flyers have very little acm knowlege and less gunnery skills.   They would take it out a few times get killed and be back in the spit or runstang.
It would be the single-engined 38 then.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X