Author Topic: I'm done for the tour ... and my one ditch lol  (Read 3202 times)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Re: I'm done for the tour ... and my one ditch lol
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 03:41:40 AM »
Fishing has been quite good. There's a small lake you can get to by a very narrow channel and it has no public access. My frined Mike and I just killed the largemouth last night. We caught almost a dozen worth keeping, pretty much all between 3.5 and 4.5 pounds... we were really shocked to be pounding them so hard. This lake seems to have had no pressure lately.  The bucket mouths were really going after it.   :rock :rock
That is a great day for sure. Once. Only once. I had an incredible bass day. Was on a small private lake down by West Columbia, Texas by myself. I caught 42 bass. None real big. Most around 1.5 to 2 pounds but 35 were on topwaters. It was just crazy. I had one fish fly 2 feet out of the water twice to hit my lure. He missed both times. The third time he got it and I hooked him midair.  That was the best one that day but all the others were great too. Days like that make u love fishing. 

Enjoy yourself. Glad to hear it is going well.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Rawghh

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 09:32:51 AM »
Steve.....Do you like...Fishsticks?
In your mouth?

Some southpark lovers here  :x
On A Break From AH For Abit..

*Could All Go Abit Frank Spencer*

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 01:47:50 PM »
That is a great day for sure. Once. Only once. I had an incredible bass day. Was on a small private lake down by West Columbia, Texas by myself. I caught 42 bass. None real big. Most around 1.5 to 2 pounds but 35 were on topwaters. It was just crazy. I had one fish fly 2 feet out of the water twice to hit my lure. He missed both times. The third time he got it and I hooked him midair.  That was the best one that day but all the others were great too. Days like that make u love fishing. 

Enjoy yourself. Glad to hear it is going well.

wow thaT's a good day's fishin.  I always throw topwater because the hits are so spectacular but I don't have a lot of luck with them
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 06:56:37 PM »
Fishing has been quite good. There's a small lake you can get to by a very narrow channel and it has no public access. My frined Mike and I just killed the largemouth last night. We caught almost a dozen worth keeping, pretty much all between 3.5 and 4.5 pounds... we were really shocked to be pounding them so hard. This lake seems to have had no pressure lately.  The bucket mouths were really going after it.   :rock :rock

Put em back. No reason to kill like that.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 10:03:17 PM »
we were really shocked to be pounding them so hard.

Aren't the sheep going to be jealous?
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 10:59:46 PM »
A few years back during spawn I nailed 6 bass all bigger than 3.5 pounds within one hour, including a 6.5 pounder I had mounted.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2009, 01:56:00 AM »
Stick with the chocolate chip and lay off the ginger snaps before boating, Steve. You don't the EPA hassling you. ;)
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2009, 07:26:08 AM »
Everyone knows that there's no fishin in AZ. But I may go by your place and cut your internet lines for that trouncing you gave me in AvA the other day while your gone. (im in Goodyear) Muahahahahaaaaa :devil

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2009, 12:11:36 PM »
Stick with the chocolate chip and lay off the ginger snaps before boating, Steve. You don't the EPA hassling you. ;)

lmao!  I just ate breakfast... too full to be laughing so hard.  You guys have good stuff today. 

Bubba, I'm just glad to be out of the heat. It's 67 here right now.

Rich I'm catch and release man.  I don't even like fish, lol.  I don't try to preach it to others, though.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 12:19:17 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 06:45:24 PM »
top water you normally have a small window that they hit like crazy, most of the time it's about a hour after sunrise (15min. window normally).  I use to lake fish that's normally what I found to be the most useful time for top water on the lakes around my area. 

sry this post is old just saw...was going from thread to thread.
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2010, 07:14:40 PM »
what kind of fishing are you doing?
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2010, 07:43:41 PM »
Was that you I saw the other day coming out of Pete's fresh frozen fish shop.  A little advice.  Don't do what a friend of mine did.  Make sure the fish are thawed out before you give them to you wife to prep.  Its a fairly good indication you were fishing for something else.  Just a little advise.

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2010, 11:07:03 PM »
lol Wagger

bass fishing oakranger mostly largemouth for top water, points and rock banks for smallmouth
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2010, 03:30:02 AM »
A few years back during spawn I nailed 6 bass all bigger than 3.5 pounds within one hour, including a 6.5 pounder I had mounted.

...lol... :lol
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2010, 06:03:06 AM »
lmao!  I just ate breakfast... too full to be laughing so hard.  You guys have good stuff today. 

Bubba, I'm just glad to be out of the heat. It's 67 here right now.

Rich I'm catch and release man.  I don't even like fish, lol.  I don't try to preach it to others, though.
wtf man thats wasting. send em to me ill hang em n dry em n eat em  :aok whatever fish that is, i eat all the brands of salmon. silvers r best yummm.
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!