Author Topic: Team v Team Capture the Flag  (Read 583 times)

Offline Bolo6

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Team v Team Capture the Flag
« on: June 24, 2009, 01:52:38 PM »
Hello All.

After an inglorious and immature exit from AHII some time ago, I have returned to satiate the Tuskegee Airman in me. I also will take this opportunity to apologize to the veiwers of this board and the AHII staff for how I exited the game when I left. Frustration and being shot down w/o ever landing kills did some strange things to me.
Anyway, I am wondering if there is any interest in a team oriented capture the flag type of format, say in the DA. Let's say 10v10, equidistant from a third base. To win, a team must capture and hold the base for 12 minutes. The base would have to be nuetral with no auto ack.  Each team can use any plane set it wishes(German, Russian, Japanese...etc) but must keep within the set it chooses. Vehicles would not be restricted and neither would goons.
I think this format could prove fun and exciting with teams, leagues, and even playoffs and a championship. Kind of like when you could host your own rooms for free way back when. The one thing about AHII that I don't like is the free for all nature of the MA and DA. More structure would definitely make it more fun for me and this type of format would still include all of the combat sim aspects of the game. I would to get any intelligent ideas from anyone who would be interested in seeing something like this. Then I would like to take the polished final idea to AHII staff to see if we could get something going along these lines.
Thanks for your time in reading this.

BlackWolf6 out
Just because your paranoid, dosen't mean that someone is out to get you. It means the herb is good.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Team v Team Capture the Flag
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 01:54:44 PM »
This is a great idea. 

Just remove the base capture part and add in air combat and you have the ingredients for a good time!   :aok

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,452.0.html
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 02:28:18 PM »
I think that is most worthy and should be SEA.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 03:25:20 PM »
You can't make the ack "neutral" per. se.  The base/flag would have to be the 3rd country.

The flaw in this is getting the capture in the first place.

It isn't like "capture the flag" where you can just run up and the base is yours.

You would have to deack it and kill the town, meanwhile your opponets are attacking you so the capture would never be quick.

The time limit of 12min is not at all possibe, as it takes that long or more to drive an m3 there or fly there.

A better idea would be to have set time limit for the event, lets say one hour, and whichever side held the base at the end of the hour was the "winner".

I don't see how this could be pulled off with only one life so it would have to be a multi life event.

The idea does have some merit, and would have to be fleshed out, but there is some potential here.

Maybe a VBase not an airfield is the way to go.

I know we have run some SnapShots that are somewhat similar to this in the past.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 03:30:25 PM »
I kinda like it. :aok

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 04:28:39 PM »
There was always opposition in capture the flag, what would you expect?

Offline Bolo6

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 06:35:20 PM »
WMLute, that's what I would like to do, flesh out some ideas and present something workable to AH. I would like to keep the base capture in so there could be an element of combined operations in the equation.
i agree on the multi lives for sure.
The post by bruv has a link showing a squad v squad league which I have never heard of or seen any info on besides the post he put up. Is there anyway to turn the auto ack off until the capture, or maybe remove it all together from the third base. Then we could also get the spawn point for vehicles no more then a 5 min drive from the third base, or have them fairly close together. Any and all ideas are welcome as long as they are intended to bring this idea forward.
I envision great teams, greart competition, and even a playoff with a superbowl of sorts at the end.