Author Topic: ACM  (Read 1235 times)

Offline vettim89

• Zinc Member
ACM
« on: June 19, 2009, 01:29:25 PM »
Is there a place where the ACM's are explained in terms of control inputs?  I have found descriptions of them in terms of what they do but I was wondering exactly how it is done in game.

For an example:  A Hi Yo-Yo

Assuming you already have wings banked, do you pull back on the stick until at the top then roll half inverted and pull to level?  What about rudder inputs?

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: ACM
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 01:38:45 PM »
Agent360 has some great training films and in the Training Arena the trainers will teach you alot about ACM and some moves. Also on the Aces High main page there is a link to the trainers website that explains some of it.
Strokes

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 04:28:23 PM »
Agent360 has some great training films and in the Training Arena the trainers will teach you alot about ACM and some moves. Also on the Aces High main page there is a link to the trainers website that explains some of it.

yaknow.....the first couple he did were awsome..........wonder what ever happened to that....and if there's some way to get the ones already done stickied?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 05:38:23 PM »
Is there a place where the ACM's are explained in terms of control inputs?  I have found descriptions of them in terms of what they do but I was wondering exactly how it is done in game.

For an example:  A Hi Yo-Yo

Assuming you already have wings banked, do you pull back on the stick until at the top then roll half inverted and pull to level?  What about rudder inputs?

One thing that you'll pick up on as you get into the game more and more is that there are few absolutes.  Knowing how much input to use and when will come with experience, and the best way to get that experience is to get with a trainer. You will learn more in a couple hours with them than you will over several days or weeks on your own in the main arenas.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 06:55:39 PM »
Many people have been asking where to find these films. It has been a while since they were posted.

I have reposted the films here.

This set is narrated by me
http://dasmuppets.com/public/agent360/agent360_narrated.zip

This set has no narration
http://dasmuppets.com/public/agent360/agent360_films.zip

If you have any questions please ask.

Agent360

here is the link to agents films.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 06:57:15 PM by BillyD »
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 07:52:31 PM »
Go here

http://home.comcast.net/~micelihouston/lessons/Stage1lessons/Stage1.htm

Start at lesson one. Lesson three gets into the specifics you are looking for and there are films.

The High Yo Yo is not in the first nine lessons (it is a relative maneuver) but once you get all of the primary maneuvers squared away. (Doesn't take long at all) then you can move on to the relative maneuvers.

PM me if you have questions.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 11:20:09 PM »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline vettim89

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 11:39:05 PM »
Go here

Start at lesson one. Lesson three gets into the specifics you are looking for and there are films.

The High Yo Yo is not in the first nine lessons (it is a relative maneuver) but once you get all of the primary maneuvers squared away. (Doesn't take long at all) then you can move on to the relative maneuvers.

Thx a lot.  That was very helpful and better than any description anyone could give me

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 01:40:18 PM »
Murdr has some great training films as well. Very easy for the beginner to understand. :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 08:54:30 PM »
Thx a lot.  That was very helpful and better than any description anyone could give me

Shoot me a PM if you want training to go along with the website stuff.

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 08:39:38 AM »
Go here

aren't there 26 possible views in AH? (not 17 as listed in lesson 1)
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 11:28:21 AM »
There are 8 horizontal views.

Forward, Left, Right, Rear, Forward-Left, Forward-Right, Rear-Left and Rear-right. These correspond to the 8 positions on an 8 way hat.

There is straight up view.

There are 8 45 degree up views that correspond to the horizontal views.

Those are the 17 that are useful for looking outside of the airplane.

if you count the down view and the 8 45 degree down views as an additional 9 views for a total of 26 but I must confess I don't use any of those in a combat situation.

The lesson was originally written before down views existed and I've never thought to add the additional nine as I have thought them unimportant when it comes to air to air combat.

I'll re-evaluate that position and will revise the lesson accordingly.

Thanks for the input.

EDIT: I added a note regarding the additional 9 views. Again, thanks for the input.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 11:42:24 AM by Dawger »

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 11:22:06 PM »
IMO the most critical down view is the instrument panel.  I have a HOTAS with plenty of buttons, one of which is LOOK_FWD+DOWN.  The other down views, may be useful for ground target assesment, and general SA, but like Dawger I cannot think of a situation where I would use them during maneuvers.