Author Topic: Arma 2  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Re: Arma 2
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2009, 12:22:51 PM »
With ArmA2 you don't need steam installed even.  If you buy the retail version (ie not direct download) then the manual has the CD-key on the back.

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2009, 06:58:53 PM »
For those that were turned on by OFP and then turned off by ArmA1, ArmA1 was developed by BI to be the "in between" of OFP and ArmA2. They wanted to do an ArmA2 after OFP but the experience and hardware wasn't available yet. This is why a lot of people don't really enjoy ArmA1 unless its modded to all heck, but are enjoying ArmA2 because of how much its like OFP.

Also, heres some gratiutious action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KK6Fo3Y0AU

P.S. - There are random mission generators.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2009, 10:03:44 PM »
Any time I've had a game even associated with steam
things go bad. I reformat my pc, forget steam password,
get a new email address. I become unable to use the game
I paid for eventually. call them or seek support and left with
the feeling of wanting to buy a shotgun, take some time off work,
maybe buy garbage bags?

I've only ever had the one problem with Steam and that was during the release of Total War Empire where all their servers were cactus for a couple of days...I wrote them an email and stated my case politely that I thought it was a ridiculous situation, and I'd like a refund so i can go buy the boxed version...which they gave.
Changed computers, e-mail adresses and never had an issue downloading something I've already purchased, and as already stated you can play Total War with steam not connected to the intardnet

I've run the demo (37 fps using the benchmark) but I wasn't overwhelmed immediately...I've still got the various OFP discs & Arma1 and its still seems same same...might have to have a better go at it

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2009, 05:10:03 PM »
graphics on the demo are all blurred to me.... I have an hd card and monitor..... I tried all the configurations and nothing better...could it just be because its the demo?  If it looks like the utube videos it would be sweet but looks like crap to me in game :eek:
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2009, 05:15:19 PM »
Demo works fine for me, Tr1gg22.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2009, 06:24:32 PM »
Tr1gg, when in game looking at a blurry screen, press ESC and then click continue.  Does that cure it?

There's a bug with 1.03 of the retail version that does the same, I haven't got the demo though.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2009, 10:52:15 AM »
Tr1gg, when in game looking at a blurry screen, press ESC and then click continue.  Does that cure it?

There's a bug with 1.03 of the retail version that does the same, I haven't got the demo though.
ill try that ty
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2009, 01:39:44 PM »
I bought it yesterday.

It's pretty damn good. Thanks to your post swoop I am going to hold off on d/l the patches till they work it all out. The retail version plays fine. It's a vast imporvement on ArmA1 and runs perfectly on my PC which a pleasant surprise considering my gfx card says it is below the min reqs.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 01:41:27 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2009, 01:49:56 PM »
Thanks for all the pics Swoop.  Going to order it today.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.