Author Topic: Someday...  (Read 360 times)

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Someday...
« on: August 29, 2001, 03:14:00 AM »
I'd like to see the following added to the game;

• oil spray over the engine cowlings and up onto the canopies when the engine takes a oil hit. Thereby partially obscuring visibility out of the cockpit.

• Damaged/destroyed cockpit gauges knocking out everything from fuel gauge and ammo counter to the radio.

• Airshow smoke like WB had, for the films. I.E. red smoke left wingtip, green smoke for right wingtip.

• The text color configureable I sometimes have a hard time seeing light green damage text against the blue sky.

• smoke and clouds more FPS friendly.

I'm running a Intel PIII 733EB CPU (133 FSB x 5.5 stepping) w/256 meg of 133mhz RAM to a ASUS AGP-V7700 GeForce2 GTS Deluxe 32meg videocard with AH setup at 1024x768 @100hz, for decent FPS (usually 75 or better) until I get to a damaged field or overcast sky, then FPS drops drastically.
That's my wish list.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Someday...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2001, 07:33:00 AM »
Mmmm, yes milnko!  And I would add cracked and bullet-holed canopies, and support for right-left channel sound where appropriate, i.e. hearing the sound of an a/c move right to left as it crosses in front of you while you are in the tower or sitting on refueling pad with engine off.

Also, when engine is damaged I would like the engine wav file randomly interrupted to simulate a rough-running engine.  I used to do this manually in WB and it was amazing in its simple effect.

Offline rickod

• Copper Member
Someday...
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2001, 07:48:00 AM »
Id vote for the airshow smoke but only ion the training arena
  :D