Author Topic: AHFILM issues  (Read 253 times)

Offline zaraza2000

• Zinc Member
AHFILM issues
« on: July 03, 2009, 01:35:49 AM »
I'm having some troubles with AHFILM...maybe they are not errors, but....

First, it works ok if i just press play and do nothing except change camera.
Sometimes, if i try to fast forward or rewind, i lose some textures and some 3d objects, and instead of them i see black rectangles.

Second, AVI rendering is to slow, no matter if i choose raw avi format or compressed one.

First thing is not very important i can live with that, but slow exporting to avi is very annoying.
I'm working on Phenom II X4 920, HD3850, 2GB RAM....

So, are these errors or bugs or soemthing else or features? :)

Klingen

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: AHFILM issues
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 08:55:09 AM »
Well heres what I did, tho it aint that cheap. I bought this https://members2.fraps.com/downloads.php which easily records the AH film viewer and converts into AVI. From there anything I need done can be done in my NLEs, for instance Sony Vegas. For the most part I just convert them quickly into WMV for streaming. Heres some raw content I recorded that way. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mhL9QJe6LE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DawGzbkG2rk

One thing I do like about the AH film viewer is the slow motion control which very simply gives smooth slo-mo. You can run FRAPs during game play to but you only record the views you are in at the time. Thats why I like recording with AH film. From there I can set different views, and then record those views with FRAPs.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline zaraza2000

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 01:15:53 PM »
Yeah, i know about Fraps...looks like i'll have to use it after all...
Thanks anyway.
Klingen

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 02:59:33 PM »
Exporting to AVI is going to be rather slow. The following is an assumption based on what I know about Aces High and its Film Viewer.

You have to remember, when you record footage from Aces High it basically records game data such as which map you were flying on, where you are flying, where others are flying, and what is going on around you (gun batteries firing, crashes, etc...). Recording doesn't actually record any footage from the game, only the events. When you play it back in the Film Viewer it is basically a replay of what happened meaning it takes the same amount of resources to display as what it did when you were playing the game.

When you export the footage, the Film Viewer has to analyze the information from the film file, display it, then record it to .AVI format. That entire process is obviously going to take a while.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.