Author Topic: Fiat G.55 I centauro  (Read 12047 times)

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
Fiat G.55 I centauro
« on: July 01, 2009, 06:59:22 PM »
http://www.century-of-flight.net/Aviation%20history/photo_albums/timeline/ww2/Fiat%20G.55%20I%20Centauro.htm

274 made and we need a new italian plane.
not bad guns and could be useful

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
Re: Fiat G.55 I centauro
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 02:25:57 AM »
I have to agree with this one, even tho it's been stated 1,000 times.

The G.55 would make a great addition to the game.

Jolly this plane will likely make it into Ah2 since, HTC has thought about adding it in the past.
OEF 11-12

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 10:45:03 AM »
Very low priority as it was insignificant in WWII.  I'd much rather see the C.200, CR.42 or RE.2000.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 11:15:15 AM »
Very low priority as it was insignificant in WWII.  I'd much rather see the C.200, CR.42 or RE.2000.

"I see your wish and raise you mine"

I don't care anymore if any new planes get added I am thankfull HTC see fit to give us new ones when they do.  I think the G55 would be cool as we are all but out of the good LW planes.  But those listed by Karnak would be cool too.  I think the main problem HTC has now about adding new planes is hard data on flight modeling.  There is alot of info out there but you need to see whats fact and whats propaganda (or plain BS). 

DuHasst
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 05:03:46 PM »
Honestly, i do think it would be cool to have the C.200. but It would be just like the P39 and B-25 when they were added. everybody begged for them, when they finaly came out hardley anybody used them. Its extremely rare to see a P-39 or B-25C in the MA. G.55 has firepower and i remember when there was a subscriber vote for the B-25. G.55 was on HTC's list.
OEF 11-12

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 09:42:01 PM »
And the A26 was on that list and the mass of idiots voted in a hanger queen....A26 would see alot of use in the MA.  How many SEA events have been designed around the B25 or the P39?
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 11:34:30 PM »
How many SEA events have been designed around the B25 or the P39?
There are a LOT of SEA events with the B25C, and most of the Early War Pacific and the Eastern front scenarios have the P39 in them.

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 02:16:59 AM »
It's time for the G.55. No question about it.

I think

four MW/EW planes : one LW plane

is a good ratio.

B-25, P-39, I-16, Brewster. It's about time for a late war placater.

If only EW planes could be manufactured for the game at a rate proportionately higher than LW planes, I'd advocate even more EW filler per LW competitor, maybe something like 8 : 1. But at the current rate of plane development, I think the next plane added needs to be Late War. Even though the G.55 was a 1943 bird, let's have it anyway.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 07:55:43 AM »
What's the historical significance of the G55 anyway?  I've seen lots of posts in this thread over the years about the G55, and yet most history I've read doesn't really give it any mention.  I'm all about adding every plane that saw use in WWII, but I can think of two dozen other aircraft I'd add first, based on historical significance.  Some day, I'd say the G55 should be added, but what's the rush?  What makes this one so special?
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 01:54:42 PM »
What's the historical significance of the G55 anyway?  I've seen lots of posts in this thread over the years about the G55, and yet most history I've read doesn't really give it any mention.  I'm all about adding every plane that saw use in WWII, but I can think of two dozen other aircraft I'd add first, based on historical significance.  Some day, I'd say the G55 should be added, but what's the rush?  What makes this one so special?

The reason this plane is not well know is because it was first completed right when Italy surrenderd. But the Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana (Italians Air Force Loyal to Mussolini) got there hands on a whole bunch of them and fought alongside the Germans agaisnt the Allies. Fought in some major battles including The Battle of Rome. It was designed as a High Altitude fighter and great for gunning down bombers, I believe it also carried Torpedoes agaisnt enemy vessels.
OEF 11-12

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 03:15:38 PM »
I say yes! :aok  Let HTC decide the priority of it's inclusion.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 06:44:10 PM »
The reason this plane is not well know is because it was first completed right when Italy surrenderd. But the Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana (Italians Air Force Loyal to Mussolini) got there hands on a whole bunch of them and fought alongside the Germans agaisnt the Allies. Fought in some major battles including The Battle of Rome. It was designed as a High Altitude fighter and great for gunning down bombers, I believe it also carried Torpedoes agaisnt enemy vessels.

How many kills did it account for?  Any history on the total number of sorties flown or other associated stats?
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Boozeman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 07:25:46 AM »
Very low priority as it was insignificant in WWII. 

What about the Brewster?

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 11:23:03 AM »
What about the Brewster?

Brewster's combat history, while insignificant for the Allies, was very significant for the Finns, and is very well documented.  It was one of their most important combat aircraft.  There are more significant Italian fighters than the G55 not in the game.

HiTech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 11:37:41 AM »
What about the Brewster?
It made a huge difference in one area of the war.

I'd be fairly surprised if the G.55 got 100 kills.  The Finns alone got 477 kills in the Brewster.

In addition AH has a number of dedicated Finnish players who have contributed a lot to the game.  After 10 years I have no problem with HTC making an aircraft for the Finnish players as it is one that will be used and did play a large role in their air force.

To be blunt, whenever I see requests for things like the G.55, obscure things that had essentially no role in the war I am pretty sure it is just being asked for because it might be "uber" and the requestee has no real interest in the aircraft or its history.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 11:41:59 AM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-