Author Topic: Lag issues  (Read 350 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Lag issues
« on: August 04, 2009, 04:07:31 AM »
The other day I went into F3 mode in a CV tower to watch some planes take off. The game , on my computer, showed the planes taking off over the water, way to the right of the actual CV deck.

Lately, "since the update", it seem that I get hit a lot from fighters quartering off to the side and whose guns aren't even pointing at me. Once I got hit by guns from a fighter con while he was almost off my wing heading towards my "6".

I understand this as lag. And that on his computer hes seeing something different then I'm seeing on mine. My question is is it my computer lag or his, or both? And is there anything to be done about it?

Thank you.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Lag issues
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 04:12:28 AM »
. My question is is it my computer lag or his, or both? And is there anything to be done about it?

Thank you.

As your and his lag are adding up, it could be either his, yours or both. What is your ping to the arena?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 08:01:24 AM »
The other day I went into F3 mode in a CV tower to watch some planes take off. The game , on my computer, showed the planes taking off over the water, way to the right of the actual CV deck.

Lately, "since the update", it seem that I get hit a lot from fighters quartering off to the side and whose guns aren't even pointing at me. Once I got hit by guns from a fighter con while he was almost off my wing heading towards my "6".

I understand this as lag. And that on his computer hes seeing something different then I'm seeing on mine. My question is is it my computer lag or his, or both? And is there anything to be done about it?

Thank you.

i've actually seen this a LOT. before the update.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 04:00:21 PM »
As your and his lag are adding up, it could be either his, yours or both. What is your ping to the arena?

Ping? I have ping plotter but how do you measure the ping in the arena?

It happened yesterday. What I saw was my LA-7 under the P-38 but he obviously saw different. When I opened the net window in my clipboard i saw a sharp spike in the variance bar.

Oh ping when I sign on. It was probably about 47 if I remember right. All this was never an issue before the update. But its a Internet thing right? And nothing to do with game software? Thanks.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 04:27:21 PM »
Ping? I have ping plotter but how do you measure the ping in the arena?

It happened yesterday. What I saw was my LA-7 under the P-38 but he obviously saw different. When I opened the net window in my clipboard i saw a sharp spike in the variance bar.

Oh ping when I sign on. It was probably about 47 if I remember right. All this was never an issue before the update. But its a Internet thing right? And nothing to do with game software? Thanks.

If you hav a stable connection, the ping "in arena", during play, is the same as you did see while logging in.

Well, if your opponent was some European, Australian player or someone with a satellite connection, it's quite easy to have such effects. Very often my own films show me getting killed by bullets that seem to pass my plane by a few feet. That's because I have higher ping times. But of course my opponent would experience the same of I shot him.

Sharp spikes in variance do usually result in warps, not general lag. It's like a rope - Great ping long rope, small ping small rope, spike/warp = someone suddenly pulling or giving rope.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 05:52:08 PM »
This happens a lot wih me. One time a 51 stood suspened 10 yards away form the CV and ack was firing. I asked everyone about it and they said there was no 51... Each time I took off I got killed by my own ack firing at the "Nonexistent" 51. Scary.
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 06:54:39 PM »
Strange. Now today Im having no problems. Thanks for the replys. :salute