Author Topic: New Graphics = No Money from me!  (Read 4010 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Graphics = No Money from me!
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2009, 11:38:35 PM »
They shouldn't allow people who know nothing about computers to play video games on them.

Until a year ago March I played on a PIII 600 Mhz Dell with a 32 Mb graphics card and 512 Mb of SDRAM.  I finally upgraded not out of need but desire.

All I can say is Mr Yellow must be running a really sucky system or he doesn't know the first thing about getting the most out of it.

Belial... glad to see the new parts worked out for you.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2009, 02:03:36 AM »
They shouldn't allow people who know nothing about computers to play video games on them.

After doing tech support about a week at CH, I quickly developed the theory that all PCs should come with a required IQ test that you have to take and pass before the computer could be switched on.  Sadly, if my dream was ever implemented at the time I would have quickly found myself out of a job as no one would have called for support.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2009, 04:27:43 AM »
I think the new version, so far just in Beta, is terrific. I cant wait until it comes on-line. :aok
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline MrYellow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2009, 11:35:10 PM »
Was it worth fixing something that wasn't broken?

-Ben

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2009, 11:42:49 PM »
People really wanted that shiny water.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline MrYellow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2009, 11:51:23 PM »
How many of the people who replied here to show how well they suck-up have since unsubscribed or are planning to?

-Ben

Offline MrMeanie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2009, 11:57:56 PM »
How many of the people who replied here to show how well they suck-up have since unsubscribed or are planning to?

-Ben

stop your crying and already leave... its there game and ppl wanted the update... like my self i have a great pc i can run every game that comes out....and yes i do still play but under a different name..
71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2009, 12:01:05 AM »
You are pushing it at the wrong time, man.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2009, 12:06:41 AM »

-Ben

I'm sure you're the only one. Most people are going to give it time before they make a decision one way or another. And to be frank, posts like this, and many others doesn't help with the decision make on HTC part. You think they didn't account for people like you, who are stubborn and wont do minor upgrades to play this game? AH2 has a bigger base of players than AH1 (from what I've heard) and it was a whole new game that people like myself had to get new computers to run it.

Bottom line is, those who are going to leave, are few and far between, and from a business stand point, are expendable. The core group is going to stay, and there will be more "temporary" people that will come and then go when something happens they don't like. Fact is, there's people out there that threaten the very same thing that you are now, and they still keep coming out with updates. So what does that tell you? :)

Now I do understand your frustration, like I said, I had to get a whole new computer to run AH2. The old one I was lucky to get 15 frames in tower. But in order to play ANY decent game, regardless of what it is, you have to stay on top of your computer.

Give them time before you want to get the torches, they've come out with 3 different patches since the update. They are going try and accommodate everyone one way or another.

Offline MrYellow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2009, 12:08:28 AM »
stop your crying and already leave... its there game and ppl wanted the update... like my self i have a great pc i can run every game that comes out....and yes i do still play but under a different name..

You and the few people that remain can enjoy the upgrade :-D

-Ben

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2009, 12:20:37 AM »
bleh...game looks great to me.  You guys need to lighten up and realize you are little grains of sand that come and go with the tide.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2009, 12:22:53 AM »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2009, 12:36:15 AM »
Aren't you gone yet?

:noid
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2009, 01:18:03 AM »

-Ben

"Few people"  :rofl

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2009, 01:32:25 AM »
-Ben
C-yuh...if you can't run the new version with at least some of the graphics details turned on...you're not even able to run iL2...I know of a place you can go where the only fm's that work are allied if that suits your fancy...pull your atari out of the closet and throw your computer out the window...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett