Author Topic: Hey, you -- yes you! It's time to get your war on!  (Read 392 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Hey, you -- yes you! It's time to get your war on!
« on: July 10, 2009, 11:52:38 PM »
Coral Sea is a week away, and there you are, slumped on the couch, watching Knight Rider re-runs.  Maybe your wife is yelling at you to clean the garage.  Maybe Mom is yelling at you to get out of the house and to do something outside.

Well, if you register to play in Coral Sea, you don't have to worry about any of that.  Coral Sea will give you purpose in life, pilot!  Instead of being a lethargic outgrowth of the couch, you will be full of energy and steely resolve, ready to kill the enemy and to sink his ships.  Filled with this purpose that is clear to all who gaze upon you, you will be able to say, "Honey, I would love to clean the garage.  However, the great Battle of the Coral Sea approaches.  The fate of Southeast Asia and Australia hinge upon my faithful execution of my duty as a combat pilot.  And -- I must prepare."  Or "Mother," you will say, "I hear your wise words.  Rest assured, that while physically I may be in this humble dwelling, in all other respects I shall be piloting a combat aircraft in the pivotal Battle of the Coral Sea.  It is a conflict of historic importance that shaped the world!"

Registration is here:  http://ahevents.org/scenario_registration.html

More info is here:  http://ahevents.org/pacific-theatre/current-or-next-scenario.html

Uncle Sam and the Emperor want *you*!  Don't just stand there, pilot -- it's time to join up!

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: Hey, you -- yes you! It's time to get your war on!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 12:00:26 AM »
"Honey, I would love to clean the garage.  However, the great Battle of the Coral Sea approaches.  The fate of Southeast Asia and Australia hinge upon my faithful execution of my duty as a combat pilot.  And -- I must prepare." 

I'll try that one... I'll let you know how it goes. Can you forward the deductible I have on my health insurance, just in case?

:rofl
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 12:29:38 AM »
 :rock

A cool event where after 2 frames, you switch roles, axis becoming allied, allied become axis, lots of fun with tactics and strategy, allong with execution, will be the winning factors.

B5Ns and TBM's will be blowing up stuff and sinking those mighty aircraft carriers in this event...leaving those poor fighter jocks high and dry, at least until their fuel runs out, with no where to land....muahaha.... :rock

We shall share info, teach tactics and practice as a unit.  Register with the scenario and join Team Alpha's torpedo men.
Private Message me for details if interested in joining a torpedo squadron.  We will need men who can think up some torpedo tactics and execute in the face of annihilationnnn...err danger. 

<S>
-Kermit
Team Alpha
Torpedo Squadron Leader
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 01:12:58 AM »
Coral Sea is a week away, and there you are, slumped on the couch, watching Knight Rider re-runs.  Maybe your wife is yelling at you to clean the garage.  Maybe Mom is yelling at you to get out of the house and to do something outside.

Well, if you register to play in Coral Sea, you don't have to worry about any of that.  Coral Sea will give you purpose in life, pilot!  Instead of being a lethargic outgrowth of the couch, you will be full of energy and steely resolve, ready to kill the enemy and to sink his ships.  Filled with this purpose that is clear to all who gaze upon you, you will be able to say, "Honey, I would love to clean the garage.  However, the great Battle of the Coral Sea approaches.  The fate of Southeast Asia and Australia hinge upon my faithful execution of my duty as a combat pilot.  And -- I must prepare."  Or "Mother," you will say, "I hear your wise words.  Rest assured, that while physically I may be in this humble dwelling, in all other respects I shall be piloting a combat aircraft in the pivotal Battle of the Coral Sea.  It is a conflict of historic importance that shaped the world!"

Registration is here:  http://ahevents.org/scenario_registration.html

More info is here:  http://ahevents.org/pacific-theatre/current-or-next-scenario.html

Uncle Sam and the Emperor want *you*!  Don't just stand there, pilot -- it's time to join up!

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Brooke,
my login has not worked for Scenario regesrtation the last 2 times....( can research if u like )

but Filth , whels and I think even Hjoo can voulch for this..

I 'd like to participate and even fl y Alpha Team ( a TBM / SBD or even wildcat )  perfer SBD......

help me out plase

I can log on to se certian logs and stuff but not to registre...happened ( the screw up ) when they switched the webpage over.......Roscorro even knows thi from last 2 or 3 scenarios I was in........

shootme an email or a pm........

Whels suppose to have already put a word into Hajo about this I think, not sure... ( I lovvee the SBD's )

thx in advance, TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 02:19:37 AM »
TC, we will get you access to the Team Alpha forum, and please show up regardless of whether or not you show up in the registration system in that case.

I will see if I can get you set up on the registration system.

Can you PM me your login name and password for the ahevents.org site?  I'll see what I can do.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 06:21:40 AM »
I can vouch for TCs problems with registration.

We couldn't get him registered for DGS.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline RAS

• Copper Member
      • http://flyingaces.bizland.com/54sq/main.htm
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 09:10:53 AM »
Wish I could fly in this one....work Saturdays til 7PM Eastern.

For those that have never participated in one of these Hitorical Scenarios, if you can make it you will have a blast a realize this is what all the "paractice" in the MA's is all for.

RASCAL